5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those of you that bought an MBRP muffler...

morris08

Reaction score
Does this muffler look "used" ? I bought it from a company called Elite Race Fab (www.eliteracefab.com) and received it last night.
It has a lot of fingerprints on it, wasn't wrapped in bubble wrap like I see in a lot of other youtube videos of people installing, and the box doesn't have "MBRP" on it, just a generic box. And it seems to have a little sticky oil-type of stuff inside one end of the pipe.

I also noticed the flange wasn't "perfectly" straight. It seemed to have a very slight arc on both sides, is that normal???

I'm sure it's OK and I'm taking it tomorrow to a muffler shop to install and I'll have them check it out first.

Actually, right before I posted this, I watched a video from American Trucks and their new muffler looked like it was in the same shape as mine.

MBRPmuffler.jpg

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the fingerprints, probably from handling in the warehouse or assembly line. I wouldn't worry about the exhaust flange unless it really doesn't line up. The rubber hangers should flex enough for just a hair of twist from the flange.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't want the fingerprints permanent, then wipe it down with alcohol before first start.

morris08

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the fingerprints, probably from handling in the warehouse or assembly line. I wouldn't worry about the exhaust flange unless it really doesn't line up. The rubber hangers should flex enough for just a hair of twist from the flange.

It ended up being a little off... the muffler shop guy asking me to come into the garage and check it out, he said "Looks like they shorted you about 1 inch!"
In order to pull the flange up tight to secure, he had to rig it a little to make it reach. He asked me to take some pics of it in case I wanted to return the MBRP... he says it may rattle a little.

So far it's been a few days and no rattle. I may return it anyway, it's a little louder than I had thought it would be. It sounds great when you accelerate hard but then at cruising I hear it a little too much. I'll give it another few days and see how I feel. :)

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shoulda went carven and it woulda been pretty! It looks like they used a cheaper grade steel also

Which is strange. When I bought my mbrp a few trucks ago it was shiny stainless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shoulda went carven and it woulda been pretty! It looks like they used a cheaper grade steel also

Which is strange. When I bought my mbrp a few trucks ago it was shiny stainless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As with most companies, they have different levels of quality. You can order a full stainless MBRP exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread