5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foot Wells / Glove Boxes LEDs ?

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Looking to replace the Foot Wells and Glove Boxes stock bulbs to LEDs.

Needing part numbers or Amazon #

Murf51

Reaction score
I believe the footwell lights are T10 like the map lights. I’m currently trying to install mine and am having a time getting the stocks out

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
I believe the footwell lights are T10 like the map lights. I’m currently trying to install mine and am having a time getting the stocks out
I just swapped out my map lights and have extra bulbs.

Keep me up to date !!! I’ll be taking a look at it in the morning.

Btdpi007

Reaction score
Did you, or anyone, figure out how to change out the bulbs in the footwell lights? Does the diffuser pop off or do I have to pull out the assembly to access?

deanfx

Reaction score
Did you, or anyone, figure out how to change out the bulbs in the footwell lights? Does the diffuser pop off or do I have to pull out the assembly to access?
I took a plastic trim tool and pryed the diffuser off. It just snapped off. Then I took a small flat head and pryed out the bulbs. My fingers couldn't grasp it. Then just popped in the new ones. Much brighter.

Btdpi007

Reaction score
I took a plastic trim tool and pryed the diffuser off. It just snapped off. Then I took a small flat head and pryed out the bulbs. My fingers couldn't grasp it. Then just popped in the new ones. Much brighter.

When you "snapped off" were you able to reattach or did you have to leave the LED exposed?

Btw, thanks for responding so now I know the diffuser can come off.

deanfx

Reaction score
When you "snapped off" were you able to reattach or did you have to leave the LED exposed?

Btw, thanks for responding so now I know the diffuser can come off.

Yeah it just slides in, really tight. I added the diffuser back.

Btdpi007

Reaction score
Fyi, for anyone wanting to replace the footwell lights the info in this thread helped immensely. The diffuser does pop off but you'll need a small trim tool. The lightbulbs are a bear to grab onto, but I just wiggled back and forth and they eventually came out.

Kyle outdoors

Reaction score
The floor lights.. are covered by a white plastic cover.. how do you get the cover off? Is this what you guys are referring to as " diffuser"
Anyways i dont want to brake the white cover.. does it pull off or turn off?

Also the upper glove box light.. how do you even get to that one?
I think the lower glove box light pulls out like previous models?..

JAGITA

Reaction score
I ended up having toShowbox iTunes Notepad++ stop due to getting a run at work. Haven’t gotten to mess with it again yet.

Last edited:

Btdpi007

Reaction score
The floor lights.. are covered by a white plastic cover.. how do you get the cover off? Is this what you guys are referring to as " diffuser"
Anyways i dont want to brake the white cover.. does it pull off or turn off?

Also the upper glove box light.. how do you even get to that one?
I think the lower glove box light pulls out like previous models?..

Yes, the white cap is the diffuser and it pops off (i.e does not twist off). If you have a small trim tool (or flat screw driver) insert it between the diffuser/cap and light assembly and it pops right off. I could barely grasp onto the bulbs with my fingers so I wiggled back and forth and they came out.

Boozygoose

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance, as a guy who doesn't have anything but LED lights anywhere in my home, the foot wells, etc. are evidently currently not?

Secondly, in a vehicle, what is the advantage to trading out?

smiles5619

Reaction score
Everything in my 2019 1500 Sport has LED's except the floor lights for some reason. They have the indecent T10 bulbs. The white cover just pops off (push down with a finger). I was able to take my fingers and take out the stock bulb. I replaced it with a bright LED T10. Looks so much better and brighter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/