5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flush w/ Stock Height

MNLaramie91

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New truck owner here. I picked up a 2020 Laramie Sport a few weeks back, and am planning on upgrading wheels and tires soon but know nothing about either to be completely honest. After doing some searching here, I am still a little confused so I figured I would ask (I apologize if this question is redundant).

I want to stay with the stock height (I barely fit in my garage as it is) but I would like the tires to sit flush with the fenders. I am thinking of going with some KO2s, I had Discoverer AT3 4Ss on my Durango R/T and really liked them so the Discoverer XLTs are also an option. I live in MN and would like to run these year round, so winter and off-road performance are important to me. That being said, what wheel/tire sizes should I be looking at? My truck has the stock 275/55/R20 size now. I have no idea what offset, width, and tire sizes I should be considering. Pic of the truck below, happy to be here!

IMG_3727.jpg

DieselRebel

Reaction score
295 would give you 20mm more of width vs your current. If you want to stay at stock height though That'd mean you need lower aspect ratio. 295/50 R20 would be 20mm and .3" shorter. Only problem is not many brands that carry tires that size. If you want wider tires usually you'll have to go taller as well. There is more options on the 285/50 R20 size but you'd only be gaining 10mm and losing .5" in height. Best bet would be 305/50 R20 would gain 30mm and only increase height .1" and there is good brand selection.

Users who are viewing this thread