5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster Super 10 opinion

JohnProvident

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my opinion on the super 10 for anyone thinking about getting one installed.

With my 2021 bighorn it’s surprisingly quiet.
At idol it sounds no louder than stock. I was genuinely worried about bothering my neighbors after ordering it and before getting it installed. I’m not worried about that at all lol. Definitely not loud enough to wake anyone up.

as underwhelmed as I was with the volume I will say the tone and growl it gives the Hemi is really nice. Don’t get me wrong it is definitely louder than stock while driving and especially when flooring it but it is definitely not as loud as I’ve seen some people make it seem like online. Definitely a neighborhood friendly exhaust.

If anyone has any questions about it feel free to PM me. I just know how worried I was when ordering it if it would be too loud but it’s definitely not too loud at all so I wanted to share that with anyone considering it.

JohnProvident

Reaction score
I forgot to add that I hear zero drone. None at all. Even when Eco mode comes on at 40 50 and 60 mph no drone at all.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you still have the cats and resonators?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I do as well. Although I have a flowfx, and the super 10 is probably a bit louder than that. I have a very similar experience. I would try taking off the resonators if you want a bit more sound

Thanks for sharing!

JohnProvident

Reaction score
I asked my guy who did the work for me and according to him the resonators wouldn’t make it that much louder. He told me the cats on these trucks are killing more sound than the resonators do. He suggested high performance or free flow cats if I really want it to be louder. I’m considering it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I asked my guy who did the work for me and according to him the resonators wouldn’t make it that much louder. He told me the cats on these trucks are killing more sound than the resonators do. He suggested high performance or free flow cats if I really want it to be louder. I’m considering it.
I see. My muffler shop told me to remove the resonators if i wanted it louder. Not sure how much louder it would be. I agree though, im sure the cats are doing the most harm. I used to delete them, but not sure if that's possible on the 5th gen ram. Some folks also delete the muffler and res's all together instead of messing with the cats.

Pgathomas

Reaction score
I am in the market for exhaust as well... B2, FlowmasterFX, Magnaflow, and the Flowmaster Super 10 and 40 have been on my radar. Do you also have the resonator upstream from the muffler? I have 3 total on my 19Limited.

JohnProvident

Reaction score
I am in the market for exhaust as well... B2, FlowmasterFX, Magnaflow, and the Flowmaster Super 10 and 40 have been on my radar. Do you also have the resonator upstream from the muffler? I have 3 total on my 19Limited.
No I only have 2 resonators on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread