5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mats on non carpeted floor

Hyper17

Reaction score
Hello. First day here. Recently got a 2020 Tradesman. They threw in the custom Ram floor mats which are great looking. The floor is not carpeted which I actually kinda like since it’ll be easier to clean. The problem is the mats slide because of this.
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this & what fix is recommended. My initial thought was strategically placed Velcro strips, but was hoping for some input before I did that. Thanks.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello. First day here. Recently got a 2020 Tradesman. They threw in the custom Ram floor mats which are great looking. The floor is not carpeted which I actually kinda like since it’ll be easier to clean. The problem is the mats slide because of this.
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this & what fix is recommended. My initial thought was strategically placed Velcro strips, but was hoping for some input before I did that. Thanks.
This is an ebay listing but Walmart, Lowes, Amazon and such sells them. They come with a part that attaches to the carpet. Not sure if velcro will stay attached to the carpet. I just installed one to hold the carpeted mat to my all weather mat on the driver side. It has only been a few days so I am reluctant to give it an evaluation, but so far so good.
I initially just used the pad but the carpet would move, it seems much better after attaching a piece that comes with it to the back of the carpeted mat.

Hyper17

Reaction score
This is an ebay listing but Walmart, Lowes, Amazon and such sells them. They come with a part that attaches to the carpet. Not sure if velcro will stay attached to the carpet. I just installed one to hold the carpeted mat to my all weather mat on the driver side. It has only been a few days so I am reluctant to give it an evaluation, but so far so good.
I initially just used the pad but the carpet would move, it seems much better after attaching a piece that comes with it to the back of the carpeted mat.
I will definitely look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

Hyper17

Reaction score
Update, just got the Ruggies. Not gonna work cuz too many nubs & raised areas on the underside of the all weather mat. I may use the Ruggies to stick a carpet sample to the vinyl flooring. The nubs on the underside of mat should then grip the carpet. Well that’s my theory at least.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You are going to put carpet down with the Ruggies and put the All Weather Mats on top of the carpet?
Sounds reasonable, best of luck, keep the forum posted.

Users who are viewing this thread