5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor lights?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I swear the floor lights would come on at night and I remember being able to adjust the light from the dimmer left of the steering wheel. Now, they never turn on. Can someone check if the floor lights turn on at night? If so, am I missing on how to turn it on? I thought they turn on automatically at night? When I press to turn on the top lights, the floor lights turn on. But obviously they turn off when I turn off the top lights.

MrPooch

Reaction score
I swear the floor lights would come on at night and I remember being able to adjust the light from the dimmer left of the steering wheel. Now, they never turn on. Can someone check if the floor lights turn on at night? If so, am I missing on how to turn it on? I thought they turn on automatically at night? When I press to turn on the top lights, the floor lights turn on. But obviously they turn off when I turn off the top lights.

I will try to double check this evening, but I think mine only turn on when the door is open. All other vehicles I have had would turn on all the interior lights when you rolled the dimmer/slider all the way to the top - but the 19 RAM does not appear to do this. The dome light is a pushbutton itself, and all come on when the doors are open - only options i have noticed.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are two dials... one is the dimmer, the other for ambient lighting.

1542287030945.png

ericd

Reaction score
I noticed tonight that if the guage dimmer is clicked in the highest brightness, the ambient lighting turns off.
Yup mine too. You have to lower the dimmer to just under the top brightness till it "clicks" then all the lighting will pop on at night

Users who are viewing this thread