5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Jack recommendations

rlb1130

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a floor jack. Will not use it a lot but need a new one that will give enough lift for tire changes etc. Any budget conscious recommendations? Capacity? Lift height? Will need low profile to get under wife's car too.

Thanks

flyfingers

Reaction score
I use a 3 ton long chassis Hein-Werner. Bought it about 5 years ago because I wanted a jack that could reach all the way to the rear differential on my F-450 motorhome and still be able to actually operate the jack plus it's made in the USA. At about 150 lbs, it's a beast and a bit pricey at $350 - $400 but I think it'll outlast me.

I just re-read your post and see you're looking for a bit more budget friendly. To that end we have a local tire shop (mom / pop type) that is extremely busy all day everyday and they exclusively use the NAPA floor jacks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online