5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flickering 12 inch screen 2019 laramie longhorn

mike2733

Reaction score
Screen flickering horribly in 2019 12 inch laramie longhorn. Contacted ram. They said take it to the dealer and they will install latest software per Stellantis. Dealer did so and nothing changed. Still flickers. Anyone else have this issue? Any way to resolve issue? I've done all the resets. Nothing works. Screen unresponsive while it flickers. Accelerating makes it worse. Goes away when coasting.

Gnix

Reaction score
This happened to my buddys 2022 Ford Raptor as well with random flickers and blue screens.
I brought his truck into ford for service. They first told me they did a software update and everything is okay now. The Minute I gone out, same deal. Had to book service again. They swapped out a module and it took 4 hours…

I am assuming ford/ram would be similar.

Ask your dealership.

RamInNola

Reaction score
Screen flickering horribly in 2019 12 inch laramie longhorn. Contacted ram. They said take it to the dealer and they will install latest software per Stellantis. Dealer did so and nothing changed. Still flickers. Anyone else have this issue? Any way to resolve issue? I've done all the resets. Nothing works. Screen unresponsive while it flickers. Accelerating makes it worse. Goes away when coasting.

I had this exact problem on my 2019 Limited. Intermittent screen flickering during which the touch controls wouldn't work. It seemed like tapping repeatedly (and sometimes rather aggressively) would sometimes eventually wake it up, but I may have just been convincing myself that was working. Sometimes it would go a few weeks without doing it and I'd convince myself it was magically fixed. It went on for at least a year before I brought it in. Eventually brought it to the dealership and they replaced the screen unit, I want to say for about $900 (obviously the "Infotainment" system is not covered by extended warranty, and my efforts to convince them it should be considered part of the AC system fell flat). About 3-4 months later it started doing it again, and I brought it back. That time they told me it was a software update needed for the new screen, which cost another $150 or so. I argued that if the screen needed a software update they should have done that when they installed the screen, then I paid $150 to get my truck back. Hasn't happened since, but it's only been about 3-4 months again so we'll see. I feel for you... one of the most aggravating malfunctions I've come across. Good luck.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My first thought would be to pull the screen out and check the connections behind it. It's rather easy if you've not done that yet. I'm hoping that your problem is fixed easily, quickly and cheaply!

Users who are viewing this thread