5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashing Dash and Display

jbyers877

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has encountered this. Let me start by saying I don't use the automatic headlight setting and prefer to turn them on and off when needed.

On a road trip recently and the dash, radio, etc were flashing on and off. It was late afternoon with plenty of clouds with occasional spots of sunshine. I had the headlights on but it appeared maybe things were going through an auto sequence where lights were turned off when not needed. Unfortunately it's Ohio and mostly cloudy is our default setting so I've experienced this several times since then. Anyone else have this bug?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine does this when when driving under trees, or turning away from the sun. The light will come on but turn off later

It’s way more sensitive compared to other vehicles I’ve owned.

However, if you had the lights in the on position, and not auto, it should not do this. Are the displays just dimming or actually turning off?

If they are dimming I would check the brightness wheel next to the headlight knob. All the way up would stop them from dimming at all.

Users who are viewing this thread