5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX Dash Camera Install

RAMMER80

Reaction score
I helped a buddy choose and install a dash cam in his 2022 Bighorn.

Went with the FitCamX 4k. Front only. Took about 15 minutes to install by taking our time. Zero issues. Looks absolutely factory.

We noticed you need to disconnect from the truck WiFi to connect which is no big deal.

A tip for anyone installing one of these or some other is simply removing the plastic shroud installed from the factory….

After you remove the first thin piece at the top and you get to the bottom piece, a simple way to remove. It is to push the plastic to the passenger side and it will come off. Don’t pull directly down.

It’s also a good idea to use a zip tie, so the harnesss does not bounce around and cause noise when driving.

Quality from the video seems good. Yes there are much better ones out there as far as video quality getting in the $300-$500 range but you’ll have to deal with ugly wires and it will not look factory like this one. Any day of the week I would rather have something look OEM vs aftermarket.

One more thing when you purchase it, make sure you get the correct one because it comes in a A configuration or a B configuration. You can see which each of them look like on their website or an Amazon.

76B632F8-35BD-4164-8E77-82B7CD36E04E.jpeg

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice write up. There is a thread with about 30 pages devoted to the Fitcamx. Check it out:

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Nice write up. There is a thread with about 30 pages devoted to the Fitcamx. Check it out:
Thanks. I noticed it about 30 seconds after I posted.

Users who are viewing this thread