5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First oil change on EcoDiesel.

swheeler1996

Reaction score
This may be posted somewhere but I looked and couldn't find it and is not listed in my manual. When is everyone getting there first oil change on the new 3rd Gen eco? My manual says both 8500 and 10000 intervals but does not specifically address when to do the first one. I was thinking around 3k miles but would heed the advice of someone who has more experience with diesels in general (first one). Thanks!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Anytime really. Some do it at 1k miles, others at 3k, while others like myself go by the oil life indicator.
Just wait, you will get all kind of answers and reasoning on why theirs is best method :unsure:.

Cheers,

swheeler1996

Reaction score
Anytime really. Some do it at 1k miles, others at 3k, while others like myself go by the oil life indicator.
Just wait, you will get all kind of answers and reasoning on why theirs is best method :unsure:.

Cheers,
Is there a specific forum already listed I can just reference to not waste everyone's time?

Users who are viewing this thread