5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally took some pics

Maple

Reaction score
Nice truck! It can be hard to understand how that color shifts until you see it in person, but these pictures do a decent job. Nice camera, too.

Jzelbst

Reaction score
Nice truck! It can be hard to understand how that color shifts until you see it in person, but these pictures do a decent job. Nice camera, too.
Thanks! I bought the truck solely because of the color. That was my phone camera. Now its time to start working on the truck.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I was grading a physical fitness test for my Soldiers so I decided to get some pics while they were doing their run. View attachment 26807 View attachment 26808
We may have shared some of the same footsteps there in Fort Blistering!!!!

Old Cav Scout SGT reporting in...lol. Was stationed there in Fort Bliss 1987-89. F Troop 2/3 ACR.

Jzelbst

Reaction score
We may have shared some of the same footsteps there in Fort Blistering!!!!

Old Cav Scout SGT reporting in...lol. Was stationed there in Fort Bliss 1987-89. F Troop 2/3 ACR.
I was a 19D in Lightning and Killer 3/3 ACR from 06-12. I reclassed to 51C (new MOS) and now I write contracts for the army. 5 years to retirement and one more year in El Paso and I'm hoping on to San Antonio.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Wow, excellent move from 19D to 51C. I just looked up that MOS "transferable" skills for sure to civilian life!!!

You probably already know this but make sure you have all/any injuries etc well documented in your military records for when its your time to go through the VA processing!!! I have been helping older vets with their VA stuff. Many of the younger veterans are getting issues/injuries documented. Some of these things continue to impede/limit the quality of life in later years.

Jzelbst

Reaction score
Wow, excellent move from 19D to 51C. I just looked up that MOS "transferable" skills for sure to civilian life!!!

You probably already know this but make sure you have all/any injuries etc well documented in your military records for when its your time to go through the VA processing!!! I have been helping older vets with their VA stuff. Many of the younger veterans are getting issues/injuries documented. Some of these things continue to impede/limit the quality of life in later years.
I have everything documented and keep going back to ensure they know the problems still exist. I have 5 years til I drop that packet and 6 until DD214. I'm ready to be able to dedicate my life solely to my family.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice truck OP, and thanks for taking care of your troops.
Retired 22 yrs 1973-1995, 12B and 13E
3 generations Army now that son has 12 years in...
The new APFT is weird...

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Great to hear you are prepared! Like I said it seems more of the younger soldiers are prepared.

I just helped a jarhead that was medically discharged due to parachute accident back in late 80's. "Never" filed claim through VA after service yet suffered with back/leg problems every since!!!! Didn't know he was supposed to file the claim ugh. Then pride got in the way along with lack of knowledge, again all while suffering with said injuries to the point quality of life greatly impeded/limited daily.

Now getting medical attention from VA and went from nothing to 50%.

I just looked at youtube video of new APFT. While it does seem weird with initial change in my mind from our past testing; I have to say it seems more geared to the physical activities encountered directly versus just checking the old 3 items (run, sit-up, push-up). Overall it seems way more centered on "core" strength utilizing overall body which I think is great!!!

Good video explaining it to me:

Jzelbst

Reaction score
That ACFT is tough but is thorough. I just don’t know how someone with a back injury will get through it. My brother and I are 3rd generation Soldiers all the way back to my grandfather on Omaha beach.

Users who are viewing this thread