5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fighter town Canada here.

Blofish

Reaction score
Hey everyone;

From Cold Lake Alberta here and Ive had my truck for one week exactly. Shes gorgeous but I must say Im somewhat disappointed with Uconnect. Absolutely everything coming out of the speakers as of today sounds either like a poorly tuned radio station (AM, FM, CD, Sirius, or Android Auto) or it sounds something like a futuristic fax machine when it needs to speak, voice commands, or even google. Excitement sadly, replaced with frustration. I had a magnum before, very disappointing car, really hope this is going to be better. The truck 1.jpg The truck 1.jpg

Last edited:

Blofish

Reaction score
Hey everyone;

From Cold Lake Alberta here and Ive had my truck for one week exactly. Shes gorgeous but I must say Im somewhat disappointed with Uconnect. Absolutely everything coming out of the speakers as of today sounds either like a poorly tuned radio station (AM, FM, CD, Sirius, or Android Auto) or it sounds something like a futuristic fax machine when it needs to speak, voice commands, or even google. Excitement sadly, replaced with frustration. I had a magnum before, very disappointing car, really hope this is going to be better.

So, did a crazy thing, called Uconnect and we performed a soft reset, all good now. Faith restored since they actually answered very quickly and solved the problem in less than 7 minutes. Not used to good customer service.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, did a crazy thing, called Uconnect and we performed a soft reset, all good now. Faith restored since they actually answered very quickly and solved the problem in less than 7 minutes. Not used to good customer service.
Hi! And welcome! Glad to hear they got your system fixed up! I've had my Laramie 4x4 almost 2 months and love it. Only issue, I'm not pleased with the bass performance on the Alpine system. The sub is too much rumble, not enough hard hitting. Not a major problem, but something I will address eventually.

Can't wait to see your pics! I love blue, mine is Blue Streak:)
002.JPG

Mccanj

Reaction score
Hey everyone;

From Cold Lake Alberta here and Ive had my truck for one week exactly. Shes gorgeous but I must say Im somewhat disappointed with Uconnect. Absolutely everything coming out of the speakers as of today sounds either like a poorly tuned radio station (AM, FM, CD, Sirius, or Android Auto) or it sounds something like a futuristic fax machine when it needs to speak, voice commands, or even google. Excitement sadly, replaced with frustration. I had a magnum before, very disappointing car, really hope this is going to be better.
Hey man, I’m in pierceland, which truck did you get from Cold Lake?

Blofish

Reaction score
Hey man, I’m in pierceland, which truck did you get from Cold Lake?

I picked it out in January after the dealer found a build and price equivilant in Bonnyville. Picked it up March 15.

Users who are viewing this thread