5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

feels like im pulling a trailer

jcoop86

Reaction score
I have a 21 bighorn with the non e-torque 5.7, it has 3500 miles on it now. when I got the truck it was smooth as glass and acceleration was effortless. at about 3k I starting noticing a buzz like vibration that I could feel in the pedal and steering wheel usually at the 1250 and 1750 rpm marks on the tach. shortly after that started I noticed that it felt like I was losing power. its still drivable but what used to be smooth strong acceleration has turned in to the weird buzzing vibration feeling and it feels like I'm pulling a camper or something. its going to the dealer next week to be looked at, after scouring the forums for someone with a similar experience I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue or anything similar

79 300

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have a brake dragging. Check to see if any wheels are unusually hot after driving a few miles. The other possibility could be something binding in the rear axle.

jcoop86

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have a brake dragging. Check to see if any wheels are unusually hot after driving a few miles. The other possibility could be something binding in the rear axle.
I thought about that, I haven't checked temps but I jacked up the front and rear end to spin the wheels. the rears spun very easy, both of the fronts had some drag. the right side more than the left. couldn't tell if it was a normal amount or not but if you tried to spin them you had to put some force into it and they would both stop really quick

Users who are viewing this thread