5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA If You're Reading This Apple CarPlay Full Screen

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Waze and Google Maps are now working on AppleCar Play (Im an old beta guy and got access to it yesterday), looks and works great but a new wish list item is full screen apple car play which is totally possible ;)

BTW Waze is a nice addition for us iPhone Users

EddieB

Reaction score
Do you need to have a beta version or can i just download the app and it will work?

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Do you need to have a beta version or can i just download the app and it will work?

As of today only closed beta group with UUID, but I believe they said it will be available to all within a few days via TestFlight

RT70808

Reaction score
I install iOS 12 yesterday as well, it is in “GM” golden master status now. I think the 17th is public release.

techieanalyst

Reaction score
I install iOS 12 yesterday as well, it is in “GM” golden master status now. I think the 17th is public release.

16A366 is what I’m using and the waze build is 4.43.4.0, again you need UUID and their senior program right this second :p so there’s no way to make it work this second, you need to wait but it’s within a few days, thinking tomorrow?

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wireless CarPlay would be great. how awesome would that be considering we have wireless charging.would be very convenient.

Full screen CarPlay is not a big deal to me. I like the split screen on the 12.1 makes it nice since for some reason they decide that when CarPlay is active that it says CarPlay at the top even when on sat radio

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice to see google maps and waze are going to finally be options

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wireless carplay may have been excluded due to having WiFi in the truck (pretty sure wireless Android Auto/CarPlay utilize WiFi direct to send/receive the data, meaning you could only have 1 going at a time). Still, I too would much rather have wireless CarPlay than WiFi in the truck which I will never use. Full screen CarPlay may not be up to RAM to implement - depends if custom display sizing is possible per Apple, and I doubt it is.

techieanalyst

Reaction score
Only a few companies offer the wireless carplay, BMW and Mini maybe another but the list is really short, the bigger issue was Wireless Carplay and Wireless Android, different standards, don't blame the car companies, its Apple being difficult and I have many doubts it will happen on the ram, and if it did a black hole would swallow the planet. Apple is so picky I remember reading JBL skipped it and Alpine dropped it or almost dropped it. Has almost nothing to do with the auto manufacturers.....they've been asking for plenty and apple doesnt deliver :p

Right now full screen carplay would be a nice first step ;)

techieanalyst

Reaction score
And FYI wireless charging and wireless CarPlay, the wireless charger isn’t capable of streaming dat between phone and truck, just charging, charging pads, think of thenones you buy for home use, they don’t act as a data transfer, you still need a cable or Bluetooth, so just because we have wireless charging do t relate it and CarPlay

Don’t mean to be a buzz kill one is totally possible the way things aware, thenorher requires a hardware module installation

Users who are viewing this thread