5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faulty power side mirrors

Chicoman1

Reaction score
I have had both side mirrors fixed because Dodge Chrysler or mopor uses f**** plastic gears inside that’s f**** ****ty of them. Know I have to take my truck again to the dealership for the same repair. A tech from the dealership told they have a lot of these kind of issues with the 2019 ram 1500. That really sucks after paying thousands of dollars for a new truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

njxrayman

Reaction score
Replaced left power folding motor assembly with a new one I found on eBay, but it had no part number that corresponded to a mopar number. Was not a big job to do and really solved the issue. Now the right side is doing the same thing but can’t find a new one. Does anybody know if there are legit part numbers for just the power folding motor assembly?

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine both do it also it sounds and looks awfull..ive found that if you shut the tryck down and close them and leave them for a two or three
minutes
in the closed position and start back up and press the outfold button it doesnt
make that snapping noise goes
right back...how much was the mirror on ebay? 2or 300 hundred?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Odd section on the forums to post this. Site news?

You are also missing the company that makes your truck, Ram. Not Dodge or Chrysler lol.
Also i'm not sure if 3-4 years old is really defined as new? Things break. it happens.

Does anybody know if there are legit part numbers for just the power folding motor assembly?
I believe it's all sold as 1 part unfortunately. The ones you found on eBay are probably correct though as they might be selling just the inside guts.
I beleive this is the part number for how it's sold. Sometimes you can get items in the diagram, but I don't see the gears or anything like that in it?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you are so inclined, you can replace the plastic gears with metal ones. I haven't needed to do this, but I wouldn't hesitate if broken/stripped gears became a problem on my truck:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had both side mirrors fixed because Dodge Chrysler or mopor uses fukin plastic gears inside that’s fukin ****ty of them. Know I have to take my truck again to the dealership for the same repair. A tech from the dealership told they have a lot of these kind of issues with the 2019 ram 1500. That really sucks after paying thousands of dollars for a new truck.
whats the cause of them breaking ?

St-na

Reaction score
If you are so inclined, you can replace the plastic gears with metal ones. I haven't needed to do this, but I wouldn't hesitate if broken/stripped gears became a problem on my truck:

There are several threads about this problem on this forum. People tried thise metal gears already and claimed them as bad.
I believe faulty gears were on '19-'20 only. Since '21 gears were a bit improved. I had bunch of 19' mirrors checked and find them all with clincing gears, 21' are quite and smooth. I see also some small differences in design.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Odd section on the forums to post this. Site news?

You are also missing the company that makes your truck, Ram. Not Dodge or Chrysler lol.
Also i'm not sure if 3-4 years old is really defined as new? Things break. it happens.

I believe it's all sold as 1 part unfortunately. The ones you found on eBay are probably correct though as they might be selling just the inside guts.
I beleive this is the part number for how it's sold. Sometimes you can get items in the diagram, but I don't see the gears or anything like that in it?

If ya'll see stuff like this, please report them for "wrong forum." We may disagree, but at least the mods get a heads up and can decide if a thread needs to be moved.

It's quite common that new members have difficulty navigating the site(s) and understanding where to post things.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have had both side mirrors fixed because Dodge Chrysler or mopor uses f**** plastic gears inside that’s f**** ****ty of them. Know I have to take my truck again to the dealership for the same repair. A tech from the dealership told they have a lot of these kind of issues with the 2019 ram 1500. That really sucks after paying thousands of dollars for a new truck.

Not sure if you're here just to complain or are asking for advice.

In either case, posting a rant in "site news" isn't appropriate because this site has no official affiliation with "Dodge Chrysler or Mopar." Nor is there any with RAM or Stellantis.

Also, your poorly obfuscated vulgarity is against site rules.

Users who are viewing this thread