5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Failed water pump 63k miles

Pribilof

Reaction score
What a joke. Only 63k miles on this 2019. Water pump is leaking from the shaft seal. Truck gets to 224 degrees idling in 70 degrees weather - immediately drops to 204 degrees as soon as you start moving.

Has anybody replaced their water pump? Looks pretty straightforward on the 5.7. what's the recommended replacement pump? OEM going to fail again? Gates, etc? Just a crappy design? Never had a water pump fail in my life, including vehicles I took to well over 200k miles.

63k miles and your complaining about a very common maintenance repair part failing guess everything is suppose to last forever.

Save the my last xxxxx went this many miles and never had a waterpump fail.. true is its a hit or miss hell some water pumps fail right of the box. Replace it and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

63k miles and your complaining about a very common maintenance repair part failing guess everything is suppose to last forever.

Save the my last xxxxx went this many miles and never had a waterpump fail.. true is its a hit or miss hell some water pumps fail right of the box. Replace it and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Maybe "very common" on FCA vehicles but I've never replaced on any other vehicle in my driving career of over 1.2 million miles. Thanks for the otherwise useless response.

Sucks it happened, definitely early, but there was something about 2019-2020 water pumps going bad early. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the current factory unit, which has been upgraded, but would have a good independent shop do the install instead of the dealer to save money, this is assuming you are no longer under any warranty?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back