5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Tri Fold Tonneau Cover Latch Installation

funkyjiblets

Reaction score
Hi All -
I have the factor tri fold tonneau cover on my 2022 1500 Laramie and one of the latches has broken. These are the latches with the black plastic hooks that go up under the bed railing. I've purchased a replacement latch for for the life of me, I can't figure out how to uninstall the old latch. Anyone have any experience replacing a broken latch? Appreciate any help!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All -
I have the factor tri fold tonneau cover on my 2022 1500 Laramie and one of the latches has broken. These are the latches with the black plastic hooks that go up under the bed railing. I've purchased a replacement latch for for the life of me, I can't figure out how to uninstall the old latch. Anyone have any experience replacing a broken latch? Appreciate any help!
Soft fold cover? If so, they slide off. You'll need to undo the corner brackets first (lift up the cover material and you'll see the bolts), then they come off.

funkyjiblets

Reaction score
Yes, this is the soft fold. I didn't see a way to lift up the cover material without ripping it, but I will check again. I appreciate the help, thank you!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, this is the soft fold. I didn't see a way to lift up the cover material without ripping it, but I will check again. I appreciate the help, thank you!
Very, very slowly. I moved my clamps to the other side of a cross member and had to remove it all to get it done.

Bring it inside and warm it up, it'll make it much easier to pull it off. There's a piece of plastic that's attached to the cover that slips inside the corner bracket.

funkyjiblets

Reaction score
OK, I did see the plastic cover that goes inside the corner bracket and I managed to pull that out without damaging anything. The issue I have now is that this is the side closest to the cab that I'm trying to replace and there are the two black plastic pieces riveted into the top which hold the feet when its folded up. Those are keeping me from removing the cover far enough. Not sure if that makes sense but again, thanks for the help!

funkyjiblets

Reaction score
OK, I was able to figure this out now and replace the broken clip. Removal was just as you said - thank you, Appreciate the help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread