5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory PPF and ceramic

Sfalcon

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question- not new to detailing but it's been years since I've had a new truck so I've been out of the game for a while, so I'm used to waxes etc and never messed with a ceramic coating since they weren't prevalent the last time I had a new truck. I guess I have a few questions-

1. I got the factory PPF package from Ram, do I just ceramic coat over everything? I'm worried if I ceramic coat and the PPF starts coming off, what do I do then?

2.i bought C quartz pro coating, as well as everything for iron decon, clay and 1 step paint correction/swirl remover. Was C quartz a good choice? Or should I go with something more DIT/user friendly, I really don't want my brand new truck to have a botched ceramic job. Probably over thinking the whole process, but I'm OCD. I've wet sanded, compounded, etc detailing wise before just not ceramic coated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread