5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Order Issue

drew1873

Reaction score
I factory ordered a new 2500 Limited (gas) on December 8, 2020. Was told 12-14 weeks. Did not hear anything at around 10 weeks so I called to see if even a vin was given yet. They told me no which was hard to believe. I then asked for a VON (Vehicle order number) and silence. So last night I get a call telling me "sorry" but there was an issue with my order and several delays and they are being told it wont be in until end of JUNE!!! That is 7 months! for my build. Now I am really stuck because I just bought a fifth wheel and cant even pick it up..not to mention 2 trips I have planned next month. Is anyone else hearing of factory delays on 2500 gas vehicles? I know diesel's are the popular choice but I was not willing to spend the extra $9,300 being the truck is my everyday vehicle. Dealer said they are "looking" to see if they could find one similar but gas 2500's are rare and if I go with a diesel now I have to go to a Laramie and cut out a lot of options to be in same price range. So frustrating! I really got screwed by either my dealer or Ram here!! At this point I really don't know what to do. Anyone know a cheap lawyer?..ha.. This is completely ridiculous

If you look, there have been delays on many builds recently. Some of it is due to the chip shortage, some is due to other part shortages. I know my employer is basically dock to assembly line with some parts as they arrive at the plant.
It seems like they are either re-organizing the order in which trucks are being built or trucks are being built with incomplete packages and missing certain options.

I factory ordered a new 2500 Limited (gas) on December 8, 2020. Was told 12-14 weeks. Did not hear anything at around 10 weeks so I called to see if even a vin was given yet. They told me no which was hard to believe. I then asked for a VON (Vehicle order number) and silence. So last night I get a call telling me "sorry" but there was an issue with my order and several delays and they are being told it wont be in until end of JUNE!!! That is 7 months! for my build. Now I am really stuck because I just bought a fifth wheel and cant even pick it up..not to mention 2 trips I have planned next month. Is anyone else hearing of factory delays on 2500 gas vehicles? I know diesel's are the popular choice but I was not willing to spend the extra $9,300 being the truck is my everyday vehicle. Dealer said they are "looking" to see if they could find one similar but gas 2500's are rare and if I go with a diesel now I have to go to a Laramie and cut out a lot of options to be in same price range. So frustrating! I really got screwed by either my dealer or Ram here!! At this point I really don't know what to do. Anyone know a cheap lawyer?..ha.. This is completely ridiculous
At this point I would have the dealer put in another order. There are several people that have ordered (on Hdrams.com) in January and February that are getting their 2500s in March. I ordered my 2021 2500 Laramie with 6.4 hemi on 2/6 and have an estimated ship date of March 25.

Thanks..your replies are making me believe the dealer dropped the ball. They certainly could have looked into earlier. If people have ordered In January and Feb and getting in March..why is mine June / July..I am sure there are factors such as locations and options but something just does not add up here. I think I need to call customer service to get to the bottom of it. 7-8 moths for a build is crazy..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back