5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Manual?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good link (and review?) of a factory manual for the DT Rams?

I have always bought the paper volumes for my cars. My most recent purchase (a Ford), I found an online resource that allowed me to input my VIN and I purchased a 6,000+ page pdf file that includes every single repair, troubleshooting, part number, etc., for that specific vehicle. It's an invaluable resource. Great color-coding for repairs (what gets removed, what gets temporarily shifted, etc., all different colors): I find the section I need, print out those pages and have them available when I'm under the hood or crawling around under it.

I'm looking for something similar for my Ram.

Any pointers or links would be appreciated.

Thanks.

(Edited because typos are a part of life. Sigh.)

Last edited:
I used AllDataDIY several years ago, but I see they don't have anything newer than 2018 at the moment.

Does anyone have a good link (and review?) of a factory manual for the DT Rams?

I have always bought the paper volumes for my cars. My most recent purchase (a Ford), I found an online resource that allowed me to input my VIN and I purchased a 6,000+ page pdf file that includes every single repair, troubleshooting, part number, etc., for that specific vehicle. It's an invaluable resource. Great color-coding for repairs (what gets removed, what gets temporarily shifted, etc., all different colors): I find the section I need, print out those pages and have them available when I'm under the hood or crawling around under it.

I'm looking for something similar for my Ram.

Any pointers or links would be appreciated.

Thanks.

(Edited because typos are a part of life. Sigh.)
Yeah, techauthority would be my choice also. That’s where I got mine: https://www.techauthority.com/

Curious about the Ford manual you described. Where did you find that one?

Thanks,

Yeah, techauthority would be my choice also. That’s where I got mine: https://www.techauthority.com/

Curious about the Ford manual you described. Where did you find that one?

Thanks,
I -think- the Ford manual was from here: https://www.factory-manuals.com/

The pdf I got is 6,569 pages long. I'd give at an A-. The ding? The hotlinks embedded in it do not work. So, I've got to use pdf search to find stuff. And when you're talking north of 6,000 pages, it can be a pain in the rear. Those pages include the owner's manual, radio, factory service manual, everything you'd ever want. In one pdf.

I -think- the Ford manual was from here: https://www.factory-manuals.com/

The pdf I got is 6,569 pages long. I'd give at an A-. The ding? The hotlinks embedded in it do not work. So, I've got to use pdf search to find stuff. And when you're talking north of 6,000 pages, it can be a pain in the rear. Those pages include the owner's manual, radio, factory service manual, everything you'd ever want. In one pdf.
Cool thanks. If you think that's bad, on techauthority, I got a three day subscription, and spent a couple of days of my free time manually saving PDFs since they don't let you save one big one. So manually saved what felt like thousands of documents. Bigges PIA ever. Not doing that ever again. :oops: :oops: :oops:

At that time they did not have the option to purchase the thumb drive like they do now, otherwise I would have gladly spent $130 on that.

I own the techauthority usb manual. It has some useful information but is a pain to use and the most limited factory manual I have ever owned.

I own the techauthority usb manual. It has some useful information but is a pain to use and the most limited factory manual I have ever owned.
Just curious. Limited how?

Be forewarned that these things (FSM and wiring diagrams) require Internet Explorer. Or they did when I bought mine.
If you don't use Internet Explorer or are making the move to Windows 11, see the last post in this thread for my experiences with it.

Steve
I thought the link given by me has nothing to do with techauthority, I see no any connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back