5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Hood Wiring Grommet

da_Vinci_of_sorts

Reaction score
This is absolutely AMAZING news for me. Thanks for the share. A weekend I hope to accomplish this very weekend is to run the power cord for our ARB fridge/freezer. This will help greatly.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
lol, wish I had seen this earlier. Good information thanks

rojolibertario

Reaction score
Hello Edwards,
I am trying to run wires for cameras inside the cab. I am not a mechanic or have any experience with trucks. I try looking for a service book for it but couldn't find it. If you don't mind letting me know where you got yours. Also if you don't mind letting me know the part number for the harness that would fit that hole.
I got a 2018 1500 Express quad cab.

Thank you,
Rojo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't have a service manual. Those instructions are from the remote start accessory that is also posted on this forum.
There are only online paid subscriptions for service manuals according to other members

ScottR

Reaction score
My truck didn’t come with bed lighting. I bought the Mopar bed light kit and this is the exact same place they show you to run the wire in. To access it ,you need to pull the drivers side wheel well liner off . There is a little rubber molded plug you need to cut off with some side cutters. As far as wire size the 2 , 14 ga wires pulled through easily, it was a struggle to get the wire through the grommet once the wires merged into one by myself . Finally had my kid pull gently while I fed it through.

ScottR

Reaction score
My truck didn’t come with bed lighting. I bought the Mopar bed light kit and this is the exact same place they show you to run the wire in. To access it ,you need to pull the drivers side wheel well liner off . There is a little rubber molded plug you need to cut off with some side cutters. As far as wire size the 2 , 14 ga wires pulled through easily, it was a struggle to get the wire through the grommet once the wires merged into one by myself . Finally had my kid pull gently while I fed it through.
Posted a picture of how to pull wheel well liners in case you can’t figure it out

Attachments

• 412073D5-85AE-4564-A33A-82C70C4EC749.jpeg
    412073D5-85AE-4564-A33A-82C70C4EC749.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 534
  • 02963561-7A87-4B8F-BA6D-4EE8C27A9523.jpeg
    02963561-7A87-4B8F-BA6D-4EE8C27A9523.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 488

TetonRam

Reaction score
Anyone know what size wire can be fit thru this?
It will stretch to fit quite a bit. I ran the wiring kit for my ARB fridge through the grommet. Dual 8 gauge wires. Used a little soapy water and was easy. Also, I did it without removing the wheel well liner.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can this be accessed without pulling the wheel and/or inner fender well off?

Yes. It's been a while but I think you can easily see it behind the brake fluid reservoir on the firewall.

RamminlikeAhemi

Reaction score
Struggling to get the dang nub off the end so I can feed a wire through, did you guys wiggle scissors in there or what?

deanathpc

Reaction score
I realize this is getting close to a year old but I have a new Ram, 2021, and I don't see these spot so I am guessing they have changed things up with this?

West1986

Reaction score
I realize this is getting close to a year old but I have a new Ram, 2021, and I don't see these spot so I am guessing they have changed things up with this?
I didn't see this on my 2021 limited either...

Users who are viewing this thread