5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fabtech 3" vs ReadyLift 3.5"?

brodieg

Reaction score
I'm on the short end of my budget after buying new wheels and tires 35".
Suspension is still stock, waiting to put the wheels and tires on.
Really just wanting to accomplish a level with a slight lift. Dont have the money to shell out for a Falcon system or something nicer...
Been looking at the Ready Lift 3.5" SST and the Fabtech 3"
(https://www.americantrucks.com/fabt...ntrol-arm-lift-kit-stealth-shocks-k3167m.html).
I ruled out the Rough Country systems after hearing so many negative things on them.

I like all of what the Fabtech kit comes with, but can't find many (if any) reviews on them. Anyone have any personal experience or thoughts they could share?

first truck, noob to modding.
open to other suggestions as well..
Appreciated :)

Last edited:

doolin64

Reaction score
Curious on this as well. Living where I live with road salt, I like the Rough Country arms better than the Fabtech or Readlift arms. One winter here I'm sure they'd be rusted.

brodieg

Reaction score
Really just wondering if the fabtech shocks are trash or if the UCAs aren't as high quality as the ready lift. Can't find reviews anywhere

brodieg

Reaction score
Couldn't find jack sh** for info on the Fabtechs, nor could I find any further info on here or reddit.
I went and bought the readylift 3.5".

brodieg

Reaction score
20210122_125425.jpg if anyone was curious about packaging. Came nicely sealed in a soft and flexible foam, no damage, issues, or missing parts.

doolin64

Reaction score
Congrats! 3.5" lift and 35s is the best looking combo to me.

Wish I knew someone close with this kit so I could take a ride in it Every thing is so subjective. Every lift/leveling kit has a range of praise that goes from rides like a dump truck to rides like stock.

brodieg

Reaction score
Congrats! 3.5" lift and 35s is the best looking combo to me.

Wish I knew someone close with this kit so I could take a ride in it Every thing is so subjective. Every lift/leveling kit has a range of praise that goes from rides like a dump truck to rides like stock.
I've also wondered the same thing, and also don't have anyone of acquaintance that has a lifted truck. Once I get this thrown on the next week or so ill report back with ride quality. Also ride quality will likely be affected by the addition of new wheels, tires, and alignment after installation.

brodieg

Reaction score
The ReadyLift 3.5" went on yesterday.
This is my initial review, please take it with a grain of salt because nothing has settled yet and I just put new wheels and tires on and that total in at 110lbs each. Lots of new feels.

First hundred miles, I do find myself having to pay more attention to the steering wheel. Bumps at low speed are fine, at freeway speeds 65-80 you definately should be ready and paying attention. Back end does kick a bit harder over speed bumps now.

Overall coming from a 19' challenger scatpack on sport springs, and this being my first truck, the readylift feels more than fine and does not make me regret the purchase. This is not as stiff of a ride as most claim it is. It actually makes the truck feel a bit better in the turns, but you do have to handle the steering wheel a bit more in general. This is will likely not be ideal for the offroading scene, you should definately upgrade your shocks/struts rather than doing a spacer lift (thats a given)
20210129_090714.jpg

doolin64

Reaction score
What a change on the before and after! Nice looking truck. I think the lifted guys here have said you get real good benefit from a Hellwig swaybar upgrade in the rear. I stand by my earlier comment saying the 3.5" lift and 35's is the spot on best looking combo for these trucks IMO. Unfortunately I'm hampered by garage height. Can you truck fit into the garage behind you? Wonder what height your truck needs to clear the fin on the top of the cab.

brodieg

Reaction score
What a change on the before and after! Nice looking truck. I think the lifted guys here have said you get real good benefit from a Hellwig swaybar upgrade in the rear. I stand by my earlier comment saying the 3.5" lift and 35's is the spot on best looking combo for these trucks IMO. Unfortunately I'm hampered by garage height. Can you truck fit into the garage behind you? Wonder what height your truck needs to clear the fin on the top of the cab.
The garages behind me are quite small and barely fit my roommates Jeep Renegade. It still fits into my car port just fine thought, haven't attempted an enclosed garage.

Attachments

• 20210128_184554.jpg
    20210128_184554.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 80

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Great looking truck. I had the readylift on mine for about a year before taking it off. Those bumps at highway speeds are harsh as well has people in the back seat hitting their heads on the roof when driving over speed bumps. It was a great kit of a street drive but I went with the Fabtech coilover kit now. It's better but still either to soft or something is off cause it rides kind of bouncy.

whonut

Reaction score
Great looking truck. I had the readylift on mine for about a year before taking it off. Those bumps at highway speeds are harsh as well has people in the back seat hitting their heads on the roof when driving over speed bumps. It was a great kit of a street drive but I went with the Fabtech coilover kit now. It's better but still either to soft or something is off cause it rides kind of bouncy.
Curious how this settles out for you. I just ordered the fabtech coil overs and 35 inch tires.

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Curious how this settles out for you. I just ordered the fabtech coil overs and 35 inch tires.
I love the new setup. Wish it had rear coil springs but the rides great. A bit bouncy at lower speeds but seems to be calming the more i drive

puba08

Reaction score
Fab tech definitely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

whonut

Reaction score
I love the new setup. Wish it had rear coil springs but the rides great. A bit bouncy at lower speeds but seems to be calming the more i drive
Nice. I ordered mine two months ago. Still waiting.....

ItsDaveR

Reaction score
I’m thinking about doing the same. Can’t decide on Fabtech or readylift. How has this left held up? Long term review? Anyone who’s had both to compare?

Cboyd087

Reaction score
The ReadyLift 3.5" went on yesterday.
This is my initial review, please take it with a grain of salt because nothing has settled yet and I just put new wheels and tires on and that total in at 110lbs each. Lots of new feels.

First hundred miles, I do find myself having to pay more attention to the steering wheel. Bumps at low speed are fine, at freeway speeds 65-80 you definately should be ready and paying attention. Back end does kick a bit harder over speed bumps now.

Overall coming from a 19' challenger scatpack on sport springs, and this being my first truck, the readylift feels more than fine and does not make me regret the purchase. This is not as stiff of a ride as most claim it is. It actually makes the truck feel a bit better in the turns, but you do have to handle the steering wheel a bit more in general. This is will likely not be ideal for the offroading scene, you should definately upgrade your shocks/struts rather than doing a spacer lift (thats a given)
View attachment 81066
What size tires and brand did you go with for tires. Love the set up dude looks good

Users who are viewing this thread