5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extra bolts in fuse box

a3vr

Reaction score
For who knows what reason I decided to open up my fuse box and found 2 bolts. Any clue where they go or if they are extra? Odd place to store them! It’s a 2025IMG_3138.jpeg

LOL, someone messed up at the factory, dealership or a garage/shop. Did you have any accessories added (electrical or otherwise) at the dealership or at a shop of some sort?

LOL, someone messed up at the factory, dealership or a garage/shop. Did you have any accessories added (electrical or otherwise) at the dealership or at a shop of some sort?
Nope. Can’t think of any reason the dealer would have been in the fuse box, let alone leave 2 bolts there. We bought it new and haven’t needed any work done. The only place it’s been is line-x and I highly doubt they did it. So why were they placed there at the factory? March build date, got it back in June.

This got me thinking last night, when I bought the truck they automatically included S.W.A.T. vehicle tracking. I declined the protection, but it makes me wonder if a tracker is installed / if they were in the fuse box. But I also saw a similar thread on a TRX forum with bolts in the fuse box so who knows.

This got me thinking last night, when I bought the truck they automatically included S.W.A.T. vehicle tracking. I declined the protection, but it makes me wonder if a tracker is installed / if they were in the fuse box. But I also saw a similar thread on a TRX forum with bolts in the fuse box so who knows.
if you financed the truck it probably has the swat somewhere.

wonder if the threads are the same as the 2 bolts already in? It s a new model year so maybe they had to go back and re visit the box install ? Because I could see those washers not fitting without being in the way of the fuses. just guessing ?

although they look like overkill for that application . did you look in the immediate area? ask the dealer, LOL.

Somebody bought a Friday afternoon shift truck….
Those bolts could go 100 different places… I’d look for obvious places like seat hold down, or holes under the hood.
Would really like to know the where/why as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back