5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty Outside of State

P2geo

Reaction score
Hello guys, has anyone purchased MOPAR extended warranty outside state of Florida?

There is a significant price difference outside FL. Would one run into any problems with this or if the car showed warranty in the system you’re good to go?

Thanks.

PwrdbyM

Reaction score
If I understand what you're asking, you live in FL and want to purchase the warranty from one of the online vendors such as Chrysler Factory Plans? The problem you're running into is for some reason they quote only MSRP to FL residents. If you can get someone to sell you the warranty online for the published price then once you have the warranty in effect there won't be a problem with it as no one will go back to figure out what you paid for it. Perhaps you can use a relatives address outside FL?

Rick J

Reaction score
If I understand what you're asking, you live in FL and want to purchase the warranty from one of the online vendors such as Chrysler Factory Plans? The problem you're running into is for some reason they quote only MSRP to FL residents. If you can get someone to sell you the warranty online for the published price then once you have the warranty in effect there won't be a problem with it as no one will go back to figure out what you paid for it. Perhaps you can use a relatives address outside FL?
In Florida Extended Warranties are considered Insurance and it is regulated. All warranties sold in FL must be sold at MSRP. When you apply for an extended warranty the company requires your address. As PwrdbyM said, maybe you can use an out of state relatives address but unless the vehicle is registered at that address when you buy the warranty I'm not sure that would work.

P2geo

Reaction score

That is the concern, anyone could bind the policy at another’s address out of state, but if the tittle is registered in FL I’m not sure how that would work. If you talk to the online vendors they’ll tell you a different story stating it’s an easy fix to just register, but they’re about as trust worthy as a used car salesman. I’m hoping someone has some first hand experience with this.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told by the online vendors that all I needed was an out of state address. While it was tempting, I decided not to buy the warranty because I was concerned that they would try to tie my title/registration and the state that I bought the warranty when making a claim; and then reject it. Florida residents get screwed by this law. I contacted the State Attorney General and my State Representative about this law and just got back a standard canned answer. They need to change the law because it doesn't protect consumers at all; just the dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread