5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty offer

Twil6

Reaction score
Got another email from Mopar. I wish there was a way to compare there pricing online. It seems the only way to get a price is to call them. I will probably add one before 10k miles. I’ve already seen the prices from the other links from this forum

Attachments

• FE028F48-F0BD-4ED7-B8B3-EB6AAC62E8E3.jpeg
    FE028F48-F0BD-4ED7-B8B3-EB6AAC62E8E3.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 33
I'm buying a used 19 ram and had something similar. I chose not to spend the money as I feel almost always the things that fail are outside of warranty or somehow they blame ut on something that's not covered, making you pay anyways. My truck only has 17k on the odometer so I'm hoping the low mileage helps to not have anything break in a while...

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I chose not to spend the money as I feel almost always the things that fail are outside of warranty or somehow they blame ut on something that's not covered, making you pay anyways..

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Yep. On average (among a significant sample of customers), the warranty will cost the customer more than the repairs. Otherwise, the company offering the warranty must be losing money on those warranties. It's basically a bet, or an insurance policy if you prefer. Certain individuals will "win" because they had a bad situation happen and the warranty covers it. But on the whole, customers are losing financially with warranties. But some customers prefer to have peace of mind and will pay for that (again, it's like insurance). For me, I almost never buy extended warranties for anything. I'm confident that on the whole, over the course of my life with many, many transactions, I will spend significantly less by avoiding the warranties.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back