5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extang Xceed Tonneau Cover Review

jassim

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,
I posted a thread a while ago looking if anyone has had experience with the exceed. Nobody had but several were interested. They recently had a sale on so I figured I pull the trigger to replace the Mopar soft tri fold tonneau that came with the truck (wasn't a fan).

My 2019 Ram had a Lomax and although I liked the tonneau there were a few things I didn't like. First was it wasn't very waterproof, it didn't have any drainage for the rails do anything that made it past the main seal went into the truck. The main seals were ok, but they didn't do great. The second thing I didn't like was that it didn't fold up against the cab. When you need full bed access you have to remove the entire thing and it's quite heavy and awkward. I traded that truck in on an EcoDiesel so it was time for a new tonneau. This lead me to the xceed..I was looking for the same look with better weather protection and the ability to fold upright for big loads.

I got the tonneau today and installed it in about 45 minutes with me taking my time. The install was quite straight forward and the quality looks good. It has rails that drain and they have their own small seals on the edge to prevent water from getting under them. The cover itself is quite heavy duty and the twist style latch is nice and easy to operate. It latches very securely and is easy to flip up when needed.

As far as weatherproofing it seems like it will be much more water proof than the Lomax. It had large seals on the side and front, and the fit on the tailgate is very tight (in a good way). Visually it's very sleek and low profile and sits lower than the Lomax.

Overall I'm very impressed and will report back after some heavy rain storms.

Last edited by a moderator:

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,
I posted a thread a while ago looking if anyone has had experience with the exceed. Nobody had but several were interested. They recently had a sale on so I figured I pull the trigger to replace the Mopar soft tri fold tonneau that came with the truck (wasn't a fan).

My 2019 Ram had a Lomax and although I liked the tonneau there were a few things I didn't like. First was it wasn't very waterproof, it didn't have any drainage for the rails do anything that made it past the main seal went into the truck. The main seals were ok, but they didn't do great. The second thing I didn't like was that it didn't fold up against the cab. When you need full bed access you have to remove the entire thing and it's quite heavy and awkward. I traded that truck in on an EcoDiesel so it was time for a new tonneau. This lead me to the xceed..I was looking for the same look with better weather protection and the ability to fold upright for big loads.

I got the tonneau today and installed it in about 45 minutes with me taking my time. The install was quite straight forward and the quality looks good. It has rails that drain and they have their own small seals on the edge to prevent water from getting under them. The cover itself is quite heavy duty and the twist style latch is nice and easy to operate. It latches very securely and is easy to flip up when needed.

As far as weatherproofing it seems like it will be much more water proof than the Lomax. It had large seals on the side and front, and the fit on the tailgate is very tight (in a good way). Visually it's very sleek and low profile and sits lower than the Lomax.

Pics?

black_panther

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

Any updates on the Xceed now that you've had it for ~6 months? Considering one. Thanks. Any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread