5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Experience with OEM Drop-in Bedliner

Pjwheels

Reaction score
Hey guys I traded in my 2020 Big Horn yesterday to upgrade into a well equipped 2022 Laramie. Pretty excited about the additional creature comforts, but just like my Big Horn find myself looking for a drop in bedliner. I do a decent amount of construction related projects as a hobby (I've been building my own house (after work and on weekends), so bed protection with some impact protection is a must.

I had a dualliner in my Big Horn and was overall pleased with it until I went to remove it thinking I would swap into the 2022. The dang thing had absolutely trashed the paint on the wheel wells and down both sides of the bed. Literally rubbed through to bare metal. Knowing that, I left it in as part of the trade. What's the overall consensus with the Mopar version? Any alternatives to consider? Dualliner is definitely out.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why not a spray-in like line-x or something? Bedrug seems pretty durable as well.

Pjwheels

Reaction score
Only hesitation on the spray in is that I keep parlaying leases knowing that I'm planning on upgrading again in a few years. As a lover of the 5.7, I feel almost dirty saying this, but I'm lusting after what the Revolution maybe in 2 or 3 years.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I never use drop-in liners anymore. Every one I've used in the past has done exactly what you described happened with your old truck. The do offer great impact protection, but for my use that's not really needed. Some bed liners provide better impact protection than others. They all seem to be in the $500-$600 range. For me it's worth the cost even though I generally only keep my trucks for 3 years or so. I get good use out of them, and having one gives me a little bit back at trade-in time.

Pjwheels

Reaction score
I never use drop-in liners anymore. Every one I've used in the past has done exactly what you described happened with your old truck. The do offer great impact protection, but for my use that's not really needed. Some bed liners provide better impact protection than others. They all seem to be in the $500-$600 range. For me it's worth the cost even though I generally only keep my trucks for 3 years or so. I get good use out of them, and having one gives me a little bit back at trade-in time.

As in look for a good spray and a good one will offer impact protection?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I threw a Dee Zee bed mat on top of the OEM spray-on for impact protection

HemiDude

Reaction score
Put a drop-in over a spray-on??

Clv22p

Reaction score
I did the Deezee also. 2nd truck I’ve had it in. It keeps things from sliding as much also.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Luv the DeeZee mat …. Damn thing is heavy with a 6’4” bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the same when I was rolling it out, can definitely take a beating

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish I would have gotten a drop in liner vs the spray in liner. Unless the spray in liner comes from factory, I won't do it again. I had line x done in my 21 and after they sprayed it and it dried, there were bubbles in one area. They removed that one area and redid it but you can clearly see the repair. Looks kind of ****ty. (IMO, either ****ty tech who did job or just a coincidence) I haven't taken it back yet due to distance and their hours plus the repair process is not as easy as you would think. I even considered the dual liner due to their reviews but its kind of shocking to hear that once removed, it damages the paint below. The biggest disadvantage of the spray in is when there is issues, the time to go get it fixed and the way it is fixed. Its like painting your car, you can't just fix one area and expect it to look like new, entire job has to be redone for it to look decent. And trying to remove old liner is a time consuming process from when I say the guy doing it in my truck.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm also considering a drop-in liner. Do any of you actually have the OEM liner? From what little actual photos I can find, it looks virtually identical to Penda's DuraLiner (except for the embossed brand name). Does Penda make the liners for Stellantis? Or if not can anyone tell me what the difference(s) might be?

Users who are viewing this thread