5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

wetjet

Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing a factory duall exhaust on a 5th gen V6, I have access to a 2020 hemi 1500 exhaust from cat back. Would like to know if it will bolt up to my 2021 1500 V6 engine.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know guys have done it on 4th Gen ones. Just goes from cat back so it will fit. You will have to mod it a bit unless you get new rear bumper with the cutouts.

GATORB8

Reaction score
The mid pipe is definitely different, but it looks very similiar behind that. The tail pipe behind the muffler is the same part between the 5.7 and 3.6. I think you have a pretty good chance. The parts diagrams are attached.

As far as the bumper, you may want to check with upfitters and off-road/bumper shops. I've gotten new take off complete beds for like $500 for my work trucks from upfitters before.

Attachments

• V6 Ex.JPG
    V6 Ex.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 26
  • V8 Ex.JPG
    V8 Ex.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 26

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
I’ve got a Corsa 21036BLK set that is single out and bolts in and requires no modification to the bumper. Not sure if you’re looking for more sound, or if you just like the look of the rear duals. I do too. 😆 I also have a Borla resonator that can be mounted in the mid pipe. I’m selling my V6 Ram and returned the exhaust to stock so the kit is available - also K&N intake for 3.6L. Let me know if you’re interested.

wetjet

Reaction score
Thanks for your response, I'm looking for the dual exhaust for looks. As for your k&n intake my truck is a 2021 v6 with the etorque don't know if your model year will bolt up.

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
K&N 77-1586KC is the model. I believe 2019-21 should all be the same intake. No pressure! I think the V6 ram can sound good with some adjustments. I just couldn’t survive the vibration/drone and had to pull the mods to sell the truck.

Last edited:

wetjet

Reaction score
K&N 77-1586KC is the model. I believe 2019-21 should all be the same intake. No pressure! I think the V6 ram can sound good with some adjustments. I just couldn’t survive the vibration/drone and had to pull the mods to sell the truck.
How much are you looking to get for the cold air intake

Jdel427

Reaction score
I’ve got a Corsa 21036BLK set that is single out and bolts in and requires no modification to the bumper. Not sure if you’re looking for more sound, or if you just like the look of the rear duals. I do too. 😆 I also have a Borla resonator that can be mounted in the mid pipe. I’m selling my V6 Ram and returned the exhaust to stock so the kit is available - also K&N intake for 3.6L. Let me know if you’re interested.
How much for the exhaust and resonator? How did it sound on the v6?

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
How much for the exhaust and resonator? How did it sound on the v6?
I’d like to get $800 It sounded good - louder for sure - but the resonator tamed it nicely. The vibration in my truck overshadowed the nice exhaust notes. I have a K&N intake nearly new as well. $1000 for everything. Let me know if you’re interested or have an offer. You can message me as well. I’m in Michigan.

PS - I also have a bed rug bed liner with install kit, nearly new - would like $300 for that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread