5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Pipe and Converter Replacement

rth111

Reaction score
I own a 2019 5.7 V8 Bighorn 4x4 Crew Cab 5'7" bed. Last week I took the truck on a back road to take a look at some potential property to buy. when driving I happened to hit a rock and the rock destroyed my transmission oil pan, the wifi box and the Exhaust Pipe and Converted. The dealership near me finally got a chance to look at it today, apparently, it needs an entirely new exhaust pipe and converter which will cost upwards of 4k. Is there any aftermarket alternative that anyone knows about? Or is there somewhere I can buy a used one, or can an exhaust shop just repair it? Any insight would be incredibly helpful! Thank You!

By converter do you mean torque converter?

Wifi box?

I would have them itemize what needs to be replaced before trying to figure out what you can go to aftermarket with.

They told me I needed to replace the Exhaust Pipe and Converter 68263767AB

As for the Wifi box I am still waiting to hear back on exactly what that is

For what it's worth, you can buy the exhaust and converter (I'm sure it means catalytic converter), the P/N you listed for $2800. Should be an easy install. Or you can buy the converter from someone like Magnaflow for $1100 and get an aftermarket exhaust system.

For what it's worth, you can buy the exhaust and converter (I'm sure it means catalytic converter), the P/N you listed for $2800. Should be an easy install. Or you can buy the converter from someone like Magnaflow for $1100 and get an aftermarket exhaust system.
I should have put 2+2 together for the catalytic converter lol.

But yea, definitely not cheap and 4k is the retail price through the dealer. For the RAM the Y pipe and catalytic converter is one single part. You can find the OEM part for a little less elsewhere:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-catalytic-converter-68263767ab?c=az0x

You could do an aftermarket solution like mentioned above, but there's always the risk of the post-catalytic converter O2 sensor not liking what it sees.

Last edited:
Cats will need to be EPA approved if you are in an emissions state. Junk yard pull might be a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back