5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust leak

Carlos200315

Reaction score
Hi, anyone had problems with the “hemi tick” or exhaust leak, I have a noticeable leak on the exhaust manifold gasket, taking it to the dealer tomorrow (2019 ram 1500 hemi) 53k miles

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not an uncommon issue with the hemi....do a quick search and you will find others on here have had this issue. Had it happen on my 4th gen and it was covered under the power train warranty. Get yours in before the 60k and hopefully it will be covered as well. Good luck!

Rkush

Reaction score
Hi, anyone had problems with the “hemi tick” or exhaust leak, I have a noticeable leak on the exhaust manifold gasket, taking it to the dealer tomorrow (2019 ram 1500 hemi) 53k miles
I just took my 2019 Ram Limited in for rough idle and louder exhaust more so when starting cold and it was the exhaust manifold gasket. Truck has 47,400 and was not covered under powertrain warranty. When I called RAM they told me good luck out of pocket for you. No way this gasket should fail this early but RAM will not take responsibility for it.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just took my 2019 Ram Limited in for rough idle and louder exhaust more so when starting cold and it was the exhaust manifold gasket. Truck has 47,400 and was not covered under powertrain warranty. When I called RAM they told me good luck out of pocket for you. No way this gasket should fail this early but RAM will not take responsibility for it.
Why would this not be covered under the powertrain warranty? It's 5 Years/60K miles, which clearly yours is under both of those. Tell them to read their own warranty and fix your ****ing truck!

1632941729402.png

Rkush

Reaction score
Why would this not be covered under the powertrain warranty? It's 5 Years/60K miles, which clearly yours is under both of those. Tell them to read their own warranty and fix your ****ing truck!

View attachment 106692
I will do that this evening when I pick it up, thanks.

RAM_IT_69

Reaction score
Agreed. If your local dealership will not do anything to help, document it and get names of the service advisor and manager. You can contact the CAP from FAC on page 24-26 of the warranty book if you can't get a resolution.

I have the same issue with the exhaust manifold on both sides. One side the header cracked at a weld and the other side the gasket cracked. Parts are on order and service will be done under warranty.

joshrich

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I just had the same thing happen to me. Sent a message to FCA Customer Assistance to try and get some level of explanation why. All the dealer/service advisor would tell me is he "entered the part number and the system told him it wasn't covered under warranty"

Users who are viewing this thread