5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust flange leak

Packerman120203

Reaction score
This flange has been leaking on my dad’s 2020 for a while now. I looked at the parts diagram and it shows nuts on this flange too but it doesnt look like there are on the truck now. Best way to fix this? I already broke the bolt on the side of the leak by trying to turn it out after penetrant and map gas so the drill is coming out soon. My best idea is to use some 3/8 stainless hardware i have from my crosstour’s exhaust and use that with a new gasket. IMG_8818.jpeg

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This flange has been leaking on my dad’s 2020 for a while now. I looked at the parts diagram and it shows nuts on this flange too but it doesnt look like there are on the truck now. Best way to fix this? I already broke the bolt on the side of the leak by trying to turn it out after penetrant and map gas so the drill is coming out soon. My best idea is to use some 3/8 stainless hardware i have from my crosstour’s exhaust and use that with a new gasket. View attachment 184740

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This flange has been leaking on my dad’s 2020 for a while now. I looked at the parts diagram and it shows nuts on this flange too but it doesnt look like there are on the truck now. Best way to fix this? I already broke the bolt on the side of the leak by trying to turn it out after penetrant and map gas so the drill is coming out soon. My best idea is to use some 3/8 stainless hardware i have from my crosstour’s exhaust and use that with a new gasket. View attachment 184740
Sounds like a plan, drill them out.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
been there 2 yeara ago

Attachments

• IMG_8187.jpeg
    IMG_8187.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8186.jpeg
    IMG_8186.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 12

Packerman120203

Reaction score
Awww…I bought the first cross tour on the dealer’s lot back in ‘09 and it was SUCH A great car! Called her Oprah…cause she was dark, sleek, loaded and had wide hips 😉
Mines also a 2010, ive got a lot of work into it because i didnt want to give it up, many would say too much work. 1718385370044.png

Users who are viewing this thread