5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Filter 100% Full Service Required See Dealer

Rolexguy101

Reaction score
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel v6 turbo 175,000k miles

Hi all,

Here is is quick run down on my scenario.
  • CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON
  • EXHAUST FILTER 100% FULL SERVICE REQUIRED SEE DEALER
  • SERVICE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL

Codes pulled from OBD2 from AUTOZONE
  1. P0420 - 02 Oxygen sensor
  2. P24AW – Particulate Matter Sensor
Took the truck to a reputable auto repair shop and showed them the error codes print out. He instantly recommended to call “THE SMOG REFEREE” since he was familiar with this issue on these trucks and hopefully get a part exemption which requires providing a dealer diagnostic scan.

Spoke to the Referee which recommended to check if I had a open recall of “V08”. If so have the dealer take care of the recall which includes the dealer to perform a “FORCED REGEN”. With luck this should clean the DPF – EXHAUST FILTER and clear the rest of codes, remove the check engine light and clear the “SERVICE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL” flashing lighting bolt.

I dropped it off at the dealer and 2 days later they called with recommendations of replace DPF @ $3,200 plus 02 sensor total $4,237. The service advisor over the phone stated that the regen was done but only went from 186 to 100. Im confused the dashboard error only showed 100% and still shows 100% where is the 186 coming from? The same errors/ messages are still present after I picked up the truck. Is there paperwork for the SELF REGEN PERFORMED AND V08 RECALL?

1. Is 186 to 100 accurate of is he blowing smoke?
  2. How do I know the recall was preformed?
  3. Is it worth it going thru headaches with the dealer or should I just bite the bullet and purchase the AlphaOBD2 and perform the regen myself?

Thank you all,
Marco R

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online