5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EVAS

islesmets

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get this "feature" disabled? I am sick of the annoying Emergency Vehicle ahead notifications, not to mention 90% of the time so far there has been no emergency vehicle anywhere. It wouldnt be so bad if it turned itself off, but it takes up my whole screen until I turn it off manually. Its only been happening for like a week now, truck never really had this issue before.

Does anyone know how to get this "feature" disabled? I am sick of the annoying Emergency Vehicle ahead notifications, not to mention 90% of the time so far there has been no emergency vehicle anywhere. It wouldnt be so bad if it turned itself off, but it takes up my whole screen until I turn it off manually. Its only been happening for like a week now, truck never really had this issue before.
Might want to provide some info on your truck. And just so we are clear, you aren't using your phone. Just want to make sure it's not from that. I've never seen this, but I have a 2020 with aftermarket infotainment.

sorry, have a 2022 Rebel GT. I have the emergency alerts on my phone off. Supposedly the warnings are coming from the truck as part of the HAAS system.

In for this as well. I just noticed in the past week or two…
Wasn’t sure if it was the factory radio or CarPlay…

yeah, doesnt happen on my Acura at all. Was worse today, not only no emergency vehicle anywhere, but it knocked my music streaming offline, and would not come back no matter what i did. Couldnt get music until i turned the truck off and back on again. Had to sit in a silent truck for half my commute today.

These messages started popping up on my truck ('24 Limited) a few weeks ago, and it''s definitely annoying because it interrupts media that is playing and will not go away unless you touch the screen to clear the message. I will say that it has been an accurate notification every time in my case, but it never happens until the emergency vehicle is close enough to be in view anyway.

For those who haven't experienced this yet, it's definitely a Ram "feature" that has either been implemented through a recent update, or just started working because emergency vehicles in the area are now tied into the system.

Here's the Stellantis PR piece from last year...

Safely Aware: Industry-Leading V2X Activation Equips 1.8 Million Stellantis Vehicles with Emergency Vehicle Alert System

I’m gonna say this, probably catch some flack for it…but gonna say it anyways.
This is geared towards distracted drivers.
I agree with disarm, I’d have it come up about 6 or 7 times in the past couple weeks.
Each time, I was in clear, easy view of the emergency vehicle ahead of me, easy to spot if you were actually looking ahead.

They can PR this, spin this, however they want.
Earlier in September, we took my wife’s 23 GC Overland down from MI to KY then to TN.
There was an area in TN, if memory serves me correct, that audible alerted us and it was speed cameras.
I believe it was in/around Knoxville area… could not for the life of me figure out what it was for…

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back