5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque differance to non Etorque

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram E-torque 1500 4x4 that has 427111 miles that the cam pin let go.
It bent every valve, broke exhaust guide and put major gouges in the pistons.
I called around for a E-torque long block ( West Coast) non to be had.
My question is what is the difference between the E-torque and non E-torque 5.7?
I would just rebuild but time is a factor.
Thanks 557.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry I'm no help to the engine differences, but holy smokes those are some miles man!!! I would say change the subject to something more catchy like engine failed at 427k miles and more people might click and give you some information. Just my two cents.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shouldn't be any difference in the block.

Also, I was unaware that the Hemi is an interference engine, so I'm definitely going to keep that in mind as my truck ages.

Reactions: 557

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I see what you mean. Two different part numbers. But there are also two different part numbers for the timing cover, as well, depending on eTorque or not. Camshaft, too, for some odd reason. I'm as amazed and confused as you, now. The timing cover provides the mounts for the tensioners and the charging system, so I see a need for different parts there. But different cams?

Reactions: 557

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have nothing to contribute here other than how on earth did you put 427K miles on your motor already? Jesus.
Shouldn't be any difference in the block.

Also, I was unaware that the Hemi is an interference engine, so I'm definitely going to keep that in mind as my truck ages.
Yep, sure is. Honestly I can't think of an in-production engine that is non-interference nowadays.

Reaction score
Sorry I'm no help to the engine differences, but holy smokes those are some miles man!!! I would say change the subject to something more catchy like engine failed at 427k miles and more people might click and give you some information. Just my two cents.
I will try that!

Reaction score
I see what you mean. Two different part numbers. But there are also two different part numbers for the timing cover, as well, depending on eTorque or not. Camshaft, too, for some odd reason. I'm as amazed and confused as you, now. The timing cover provides the mounts for the tensioners and the charging system, so I see a need for different parts there. But different cams?
May I ask where you are seeing the part numbers. If I had the part numbers I could use them to do a parts search. For cam Lufters Valves and such.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Betting OP means 42K miles...and in a pinch I'd be looking for a salvage engine.

TimH

Reaction score
Well... If 42k miles then why would he need to repair it himself? The dealer would have taken care of it cause 5yrs/60k miles powertrain warranty. Unless he had engine mods that ruined the warranty.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well thats a good point...but 427K miles in three years is just a bit odd, so I assumed. Seems I was wrong. I'd love to know whatever happened with this and what he does to rack up that many miles.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well thats a good point...but 427K miles in three years is just a bit odd, so I assumed. Seems I was wrong. I'd love to know whatever happened with this and what he does to rack up that many miles.
You mean you don't drive 390 miles every single day??? Amateur! Lol

Perhaps OP meant 72k miles. Tries to type a 7, but hits the 4, then hits the 2. Sees error and tries to clear the 4 and insert a 7, but has the cursor in the wrong place. Gets distracted by something at the same time and forgets to correct it... I know I've done some really random typos in my life that are seemingly unexplainable.

Users who are viewing this thread