5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESI Tailgate Seal - Any installation tips? Pictures?

strinos

Reaction score
I am on a mission to minimize water entering the bed after installing a Bakflip MX4 bed cover (Jury is still out on this cover, but that's for another post) on my 6'4" bed w/out rambox and w/out MFT. I tried using some weatherstripping from Home Depot to fill the large gaps at the tailgate, but that didn't work well at all.

So, based on some posts here, I bought a ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal kit. I haven't installed it yet because I can't quite figure out, from the instructions, how best to address the gap between the bed and bedrail.

Has anybody installed this kit effectively on their trucks? If so, any advice? Pictures you could share? Thanks in advance!

Have it on mine, but it’s MFT AND Ramboxes. For rain…it’s fine.
Powerwash, car wash, water is still going to get in a bit.

Directions sucked, I agree. I figured most of it out on my own…trial and error.
At night, I put a bright light inside the bed and shut the tailgate, that’ll show you the gaps.

better than nothing? Yes. I think it was like $30 for the kit via Amazon. Took a few hours to clean, apply, and try to do a good job. Could I have done it quicker? Yep. But it was a sunny, warm, zero wind day… so I took my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back