5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error in ACC mode

cornelius967

Reaction score
I just got my '22 RAM G/T about 10 days ago, but everytime I put it in ACC (accessory mode) -- twice now -- I get this error:
8DAAD153-F22D-4673-BEA2-AED0EEA1B59C.jpeg
The radio will work in RUN but not in ACC. Does "restart system" mean to reset the radio (how does one do that?) The power button doesn't work when this screen is present. The manual says that I should have a "Reset System" link in my "Reset" section but it doesn't have a System Reboot button. Otherwise, I have to shut the truck off completely and put it in the RUN position to have the radio playing. TIA

boxman

Reaction score
I get the same error code on my new one week old Big Horn. It has to be in run position to get radio or to use settings to set up truck features such as door locks. Now my Sirius xm has quit and just says " reconnecting ". Sirius can't fix from their end. Also can't play my music from USB thumb drives. They worked fine on my 2013 Ram 8.4

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get the same error code on my new one week old Big Horn. It has to be in run position to get radio or to use settings to set up truck features such as door locks. Now my Sirius xm has quit and just says " reconnecting ". Sirius can't fix from their end. Also can't play my music from USB thumb drives. They worked fine on my 2013 Ram 8.4
That sucks on a new rig. 8.4" screen?

boxman

Reaction score
Update to my earlier post. It is the 8.4 screen w/o Nav option.
I got my Sirius xm to work after doing the radio button reset that DEEVE mentioned. THANKS!
I still cannot get the USB stick to work. Always says " no media found". I have tried 3 different sticks. All still work in wife's car.
I also can't find any way of receiving text messages on screen. Again my 2013 8.4 radio did this.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about the USB stick because I stream from my phone, but I do know from past UConnect equipped vehicles that it seems to be picky as heck on formats and types. Here is something I found that may help. Go to post #9

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a menu option to do a reset. or you can try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. In either case, it may take a bit for the truck to get its marbles back. I did a factory reset on my radio the other day (try to get google assistant to work) lost my cameras and climate control for a bit

boxman

Reaction score
DEEVE, thanks for that link to allpar Forum! I followed the suggestions and SHAZAM!! I GOT MUSIC TO PLAY.
I copied in mp3 format. Now all my other files are .wma so I'll see if there is any way to convert them without having to re-rip all the cd's Just crazy that older truck could play them. Seems like all software related upgrades always mess something else up.

Now on to my text message issue. This is minor compared to my music. LOL!

cornelius967

Reaction score
Now my Sirius xm has quit and just says " reconnecting ". Sirius can't fix from their end. Also can't play my music from USB thumb drives.
Same thing happened to me: I lost satellite connection.

I did the 10 second Power button reset. The radio did in fact "reset" and the Satellite connection re-connected but I still get the "Code Error: Please Restart System" message when the vehicle is in ACC mode. Very frustrating with a brand new truck. I'll look for the radio fuse and give it a hard reboot.

cornelius967

Reaction score
I took off the lower instrument panel valance beneath the steering column (2 x 7mm screws and a slight tug), found the F44 fuse (yellow 20 amp micro), pulled it for one minute to do a "hard reset" of the radio. It did not fix the "Code Error: Please Restart System" message in ACC mode. I've sent an inquiry into the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center to see if their is anything else I can do from home. I'll keep y'all posted.

RogerRam!!

Reaction score
I took off the lower instrument panel valance beneath the steering column (2 x 7mm screws and a slight tug), found the F44 fuse (yellow 20 amp micro), pulled it for one minute to do a "hard reset" of the radio. It did not fix the "Code Error: Please Restart System" message in ACC mode. I've sent an inquiry into the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center to see if their is anything else I can do from home. I'll keep y'all posted.
Did you figure out the solution? I have the same exact issue in my 3 day old 2022 Ram 1500! Hope you have an easy solution. Let me know. Thx!!!

cornelius967

Reaction score
I have not yet resolved the problem. I suppose it's time to take it to the dealer. Perhaps they have an even "harder" reset than a full power off situation can generate. :-/

boxman

Reaction score
I was told by a Uconnect customer service rep that the radio is not supposed to work on ACC, only on run. So when sitting with engine off, I just push the start button twice without pushing brake pedal. I am waiting for a dealer service visit to pursue farther. My previous Ram always worked in ACC.
Mine still periodically loses all radio presets. I have given up on using presets.

RogerRam!!

Reaction score
Did you figure out the solution? I have the same exact issue in my 3 day old 2022 Ram 1500! Hope you have an easy solution. Let me know. Thx!!!
Issued fixed! I received an update "Over the air" for the recall on my backup camera.(no issues ever with the backup camera) Did the update and it fixed the radio issue. Radio now works on Accessory mode. Right on! Took about 20 minutes.

RogerRam!!

Reaction score
I was told by a Uconnect customer service rep that the radio is not supposed to work on ACC, only on run. So when sitting with engine off, I just push the start button twice without pushing brake pedal. I am waiting for a dealer service visit to pursue farther. My previous Ram always worked in ACC.
Mine still periodically loses all radio presets. I have given up on using presets.
Issued fixed! I received an update "Over the air" for the recall on my backup camera.(no issues ever with the backup camera) Did the update and it fixed the radio issue. Radio now works on Accessory mode. Right on! Took about 20 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread