5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EQ options

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Are there any updates/hacks/etc., for the UConnect EQ? I'm sorry, but 3-band EQ with a 19-speaker H/K system is just stupid.

I will admit that the stereo's AI is very good at making some of the tunes sound better-balanced than they did in my old truck, but the sound quality is just not adjustable enough for my liking. The aftermarket JVC system in my 2012 had a 9-band EQ, which allowed me to balance out the ear-splitting lower-mid, and upper-mid range freqs that bug the snot out of me with most factory stereos (mild tinnitus here, thanks to having worked in data centers my entire adult life).

I'll be adding a powered sub to the mix as well, as the H/K system just isn't cutting it because of those inconsistencies between tunes - my old system had a gain control switch for the subs, which I could dial-in, or dial-out the bass as needed for good balance. UConnect and H/K is just a not dependable in that regard, IMHO. But, that's for another thread.

Overall, the system is better than average... pretty good, in fact. But I believe it could be so much better... and will, eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread