5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine won't start after replacing the battery and Starter .

Bharath

Reaction score
I have 2019 ram 1500 3.6 l . my battery died 2 weeks ago and replaced it. was working fine for 10 days and suddenly the truck won't start. towed it to the dealer and they said My NAPA battery is failing in load test so they asked me to replace it to continue diagnosing. they said the starter was bad and replaced it and it was working fine for an hour and saw the Stop /Stop warning popping up. it ran for 2 day and the same problem showed up again. Now there is a check engine light showing that there is engine misfire. Basically when i asked the dealer for the first time for the root cause they said its the starter motor . now the second time they asked me to pay for the diagnosis again cause it had a check engine light . ANy one has an idea why this is not starting . I feel like this is some electrical issue but dealer is asking me to replace bunch of parts just to take the advantage of the situation rather than giving the right root cause.

Users who are viewing this thread