5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Radiator fan kicks in loud

NC Eric

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

New to this site, bought a new to me 2019 Limited, it's my 2nd one after a 2014. It's been getting hotter in Charlotte, NC and when I'm stuck in traffic, the radiator fan kicks in, loud and, seems to reflect to the engine as I go faster or slower based on noise inside the cabin.

Is this normal? My 2014 did not do any of that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

E.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

New to this site, bought a new to me 2019 Limited, it's my 2nd one after a 2014. It's been getting hotter in Charlotte, NC and when I'm stuck in traffic, the radiator fan kicks in, loud and, seems to reflect to the engine as I go faster or slower based on noise inside the cabin.

Thank you,

E.
Yep.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Thank you,

E.
in 2014 was the fan attached to the engine?
or is it like your 2019 where it is attached to the radiator.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
in 2014 was the fan attached to the engine?
or is it like your 2019 where it is attached to the radiator.
I had a 2014 as well. If it was the Hemi, then it had the old school clutch fan and a supplemental electric fan on the radiator. The supplemental fan usually only came on when you engaged the A/C, if memory serves. Was so happy when I saw the 2019+ had gone full electric.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I had a 2014 as well. If it was the Hemi, then it had the old school clutch fan and a supplemental electric fan on the radiator. The supplemental fan usually only came on when you engaged the A/C, if memory serves. Was so happy when I saw the 2019+ had gone full electric.
that is the way I remember it

Piddle

Reaction score
Hey! In Charlotte NC as well have a 2019 ram with 59k miles this Saturday for the first time ever I noticed the loud fan you explained, truck was scheduled for maintenance on the following Tuesday for exhaust manifold fix. Hendricks found a pinhole leak in my radiator as well both covered under warranty 👍🏼

U

User_3336

Yeah Yeah, the fan is LOUD, but it keeps the coolant temp @ ~ 201. i've seen it up to 230 at red lights.
It will really kick in with MAX A/C.

Ny Greg

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Thank you,

E.
Hey what was the diagnosis and fix? Mine has been doing this after my radiator blew a few months ago. I’ve burped the cooling system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online