5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Block Heater

Ram Big Horn

Reaction score
I have 2023 Big Horn with 3.6 E Torque. Arizona truck. Is engine block heater installed and if so where is the cord?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 North Edition with the engine block heater.
My cord is located behind the air filter housing, closer to the passenger firewall.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought engine heaters only mattered for diesel trucks?
I'm very confused.....

The North Edition is an interesting package. Sports appearance package, but no sports hood, LED taillights but halogen headlamps. ORP and mines came with the 12.0 screen and 6.4 bed. The North Edition was meant for colder environments, thus the engine block heater. No idea why this truck was all the way out here in the middle of the Pacific, but I do know it was the only one like it on island when I bought it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2023 Big Horn with 3.6 E Torque. Arizona truck. Is engine block heater installed and if so where is the cord?
What's the last 6 digits of your VIN? Chances are it didn't come with an engine block heater (if sold to the state of Arizona), but I can look it up to make sure.

You can buy/install one after the fact, if yours doesn't have one.

Ram Big Horn

Reaction score
What's the last 6 digits of your VIN? Chances are it didn't come with an engine block heater (if sold to the state of Arizona), but I can look it up to make sure.

You can buy/install one after the fact, if yours doesn't have one.
Vin last digets: 579575 Thank You!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank You! Plan B ??
Buy one and install it yourself. I don't know much about the Pentastar engine, but it's super-easy on the 6.2L hellcat engine. You'll probably need to contact your dealer to make sure you find the correct part number for that engine. You'll be looking for the "engine block heater kit".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread