5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electronic Throttle Control Error

scubajohn

Reaction score
I have a 2023 1500 Ram Ecodiesel and today as I was going down the freeway at 70 fairly heavy traffic all of sudden I lost all acceleration. The Electronic Throttle Control light came on and luckily was in the right hand lane and nobody to close behind. The acceleration loss was so rapid I probably would have gotten rear ended. Fortunately, there an was exit right where I lost acceleration and was able to take it. I pulled over, took out the manual and could not reset the error light. The truck would start unlike some have experience but the fastest I could go was 25. BTW, the mileage on the truck is 11300. Really, disappointing. I was 70 miles in the mountains and had to have it towed home.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
I have a 2023 1500 Ram Ecodiesel and today as I was going down the freeway at 70 fairly heavy traffic all of sudden I lost all acceleration. The Electronic Throttle Control light came on and luckily was in the right hand lane and nobody to close behind. The acceleration loss was so rapid I probably would have gotten rear ended. Fortunately, there a was exit right where I lost acceleration and was able to take it. I pulled over, took out the manual and could not reset the error light. The truck would start unlike some have experience but the fastest I could go was 25. BTW, the mileage on the truck is 11300. Really, disappointing. I was 70 miles in the mountains and had to have it towed home
That happened to me a couple of times in my 2005 ram, I would disconnect the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes and then reinstall, the truck would start and drive normal again. Hasn’t happened in my 2022 rebel though.

Users who are viewing this thread