5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical issues dash blinking wipers running

Flyby57

Reaction score
First time posting just got a 2019 Ram 1500 don't know much on the history but went swimming at one point, That being said I picked it up with no keys, dead Batt. installed new batt had keys programed it started and I drove it about 8 to 10 miles parked it then today I was letting it run wile I was playing with all the toys, to my surprise everything seems to work correctly TILL the cooling fans kicked on. Then the dash went wild flashing different codes needle going to and fro and the wipers started going. The only issue I noticed before this was the oil pressure gauge was pegged on high, but going through the dash it was reading 43 lbs. No mater what I pushed or twisted nothing effected the wipers or dash flashing all its warnings.

This is a Laramie 4X4 with 50k on the clock.

After hitting the start button several time the motor shut down and wiper stopped, at this point I am looking for suggestions, I am waiting on the pin connector since my OBD2 plug in will not read this computer. Thanks for any input.

Flyby57

Reaction score
was reported water damage the line is below the seats I pulled the module from under the drivers seat and opened it looking for any furry growth but it was clean no water indicated.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
A couple thoughts
1) the ground connections near the battery are crappy. I'd take a wire brush and maybe some dielectric grease to any ground connections you find anywhere.
2) You may have a GPS antitheft/tracker device teed into the OBD port. And if it got drowned, it could be messing with you. A couple screws and a tug and the bolster under the steering wheel comes out, and you can have a look at the OBD. If there's a bundle of wires and a small black box, you have it. Remove it. Pics

Flyby57

Reaction score
No GPS antitheft, I'll check grounds tomorrow, on thing is the drivers fog lamp with the parking assist probes is missing, one of the probe wires was cut. Wouldn't think this would mater Like you I am leaning towards a connection issue, big question is where.
Thanks for the input so far.

Flyby57

Reaction score
Well I have crawled all under the truck checked all connections, I'm unable to talk to the computer using a Maxisys scanner using the correct 12 pin 8 pin connector only get a error code of 10010 which I can't fine anything on. interesting thing is the first start it runs for a few seconds then dyes, restart and runs fine. may or may not be connected. other thing this time it asked for a security code but then bypassed this item. I did find one lose ground wire. I have driven this a few miles around the neighborhood seemed to run fine and no error codes Guess its time to call the Dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread