5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical Grimlins

Motorbreath87

Reaction score
This is my first post and unfortunately it's not a good one.
Just bought my 2022 1500 Longhorn last month and it was good going until last week.

I was driving down the road in heavy rain and every light and warning in the dash came on.. One message was to service the gear selector. I have a video I'll attach as well. I hooked up a code reader and I had 3 different codes showing.
U0402, u0001, and u0422.

So I cleared them and started the truck and it was all good, nothing came back right away so I shut the truck off and left it for 2 days. When I went to start it yesterday she wouldn't even attempt to start.

What is weird, is that key fob doesn't work to unlock or lock the doors. But when you sit in the truck it says "press brake and start button" but you can't even change the ignition from off to Acc or Run. Also, I was sat in the truck last night just reading forums and the message came up on the screen to press the brake and start button.. but then I realized I had left the keys in my house. I'm not sure why that message would pop up while the keys aren't anywhere near the truck.

I charged the battery overnight, before I left home this morning I checked to see if the key fob would unlock or lock the doors but still nothing.

The only other thing to note is that the dome lights in the front of the cab did not work with the doors open. So I had taken it down to check the bulbs, only to find the clips broken off like someone tried to take it down and didn't know what they were doing. Also, while I was sitting in the truck reading I noticed the sound system kind of popping.. there isn't any music playing, it sounds like something back feeding the entertainment system. When she makes the popping sound the yellow automatic start symbol in the dash very quickly blinks. I've noticed this popping noise since I bought the truck.

I'm 6 hours from a dealer, so any help you can offer would be appreciated.

I couldn't upload the video, so I put it on YouTube.

Attachments

• 20240630_213156.jpg
    20240630_213156.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240630_213201.jpg
    20240630_213201.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240630_213204.jpg
    20240630_213204.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 5

Jedi9

Reaction score
There is a lot of information about cab leaks around the rear window (the frame will crack) the shark fin antenna, and the 3rd brake light. Water will run down the inside of the cab behind the rear seat where the rf hub (for the fob) and also the battery for e torque if you have it. I recommend taking a look behind the rear seat for water

bullitt_60

Reaction score
My recommendation is to change the battery. Even if appears as if it is holding voltage, I'd still replace it. In previous Rams I would get one warning such as a strange code or gauges go haywire and the following day it won't even turn over.

Motorbreath87

Reaction score
No water found. The frame of the window has a very slight hairline crack.

I'm currently at work and I'm shooting ideas to my wife at home.. So she removed a couple relays for 20 mins or so, put them back in.. and the truck started!

Attachments

• f79b5ba5-98c8-4447-92e2-0b8fe66d0f6f.jpeg
    f79b5ba5-98c8-4447-92e2-0b8fe66d0f6f.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 13

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
This is my first post and unfortunately it's not a good one.
Just bought my 2022 1500 Longhorn last month and it was good going until last week.

I was driving down the road in heavy rain and every light and warning in the dash came on.. One message was to service the gear selector. I have a video I'll attach as well. I hooked up a code reader and I had 3 different codes showing.
U0402, u0001, and u0422.

So I cleared them and started the truck and it was all good, nothing came back right away so I shut the truck off and left it for 2 days. When I went to start it yesterday she wouldn't even attempt to start.

What is weird, is that key fob doesn't work to unlock or lock the doors. But when you sit in the truck it says "press brake and start button" but you can't even change the ignition from off to Acc or Run. Also, I was sat in the truck last night just reading forums and the message came up on the screen to press the brake and start button.. but then I realized I had left the keys in my house. I'm not sure why that message would pop up while the keys aren't anywhere near the truck.

I charged the battery overnight, before I left home this morning I checked to see if the key fob would unlock or lock the doors but still nothing.

The only other thing to note is that the dome lights in the front of the cab did not work with the doors open. So I had taken it down to check the bulbs, only to find the clips broken off like someone tried to take it down and didn't know what they were doing. Also, while I was sitting in the truck reading I noticed the sound system kind of popping.. there isn't any music playing, it sounds like something back feeding the entertainment system. When she makes the popping sound the yellow automatic start symbol in the dash very quickly blinks. I've noticed this popping noise since I bought the truck.

I'm 6 hours from a dealer, so any help you can offer would be appreciated.

I couldn't upload the video, so I put it on YouTube.

did you buy from a ram dealer or somewhere else?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would also recommend hooking your battery up to a charger/maintainer to make sure it’s fully charged if you did switch out to a new one

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
U0001.
CAN C bus.
Possible Causes:

OPEN OR SHORTED CAN C BUS CIRCUIT

OPEN OR SHORTED CAN C A/T BUS CIRCUIT

CAN C RELATED MODULE

CAN C RELATED STAR CONNECTOR

SECURITY GATEWAY MODULE (SGW)
A good possibility of water damage to the RF hub and it taking down the bus.
I would look for signs of corrosion on the connectors and the PCB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread