5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ecodiesel rebel mileage report

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got back from a trip up north and wanted to share my experiences with my new truck in terms of mileage and off road capability.

Total trip was around 3200km mostly highway 100-120km/hr, I was loaded with about 1000lbs of gear on the trip up and empty on the way back.

We hit some nasty winter weather on the way up including some extreme cold, it got as low as -28c on the return trip. I did not have the winter grill cover installed on the way up as it was +15c when we left home, it got down to -24c when we got there 18 hours later.

I plugged the truck in overnight and it fired right up the next day, after warming it up we took a trip on the bush roads for close to 200km in fresh snow 1-2ft deep without any issues in 4-high.

After the long 18 hour drive up, 3-4 hours of off roading and 15 and a half hours home the truck reported 9.7L/100km. Hand calculations brought that down to 9.3L/100km or just over 25mpg. There was also a good bit of idle time while the truck warmed up and we ate lunch/dinner since all restaurants are take out only.

Sorry for all the metric measurements. It’s all I know. For those wondering the trip was from Windsor Ontario to Nakina Ontario in the far north.

Attachments

• 0BF1B9CE-BA25-4D83-B67F-A98C709EFB29.jpeg
    0BF1B9CE-BA25-4D83-B67F-A98C709EFB29.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 50

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I expected better mileage, but I can’t complain. Compared to my old trucks average mileage I figure I saved around $80 on this one trip alone. The truck is rated 8L/100km or 29mpg.

Driving in 4x4-hi for hours in the snow and the cold dense air used a bit more fuel for sure.

Next trip will be towards the end of May or early June for some bear hunting, a lot less gear and much warmer weather.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I expected better mileage, but I can’t complain. Compared to my old trucks average mileage I figure I saved around $80 on this one trip alone. The truck is rated 8L/100km or 29mpg.

Driving in 4x4-hi for hours in the snow and the cold dense air used a bit more fuel for sure.

Next trip will be towards the end of May or early June for some bear hunting, a lot less gear and much warmer weather.
I think this is great considering you were in 4x4 for a lot of it. Makes me wonder how I would’ve liked the eco in mine

Dodgehemi0

Reaction score

You wont get that EPA rating ever in a REBEL. The Tires eat up those MPG.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
bc of size or the type?
combo of both. rebel tires are 33's and are not meant for highway efficiency. They have a lot of roll resistance at speed. They're knobby and meant for off road use. They're also heavier.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
combo of both. rebel tires are 33's and are not meant for highway efficiency. They have a lot of roll resistance at speed. They're knobby and meant for off road use. They're also heavier.

mine are 35 inch michelin street tires and i went to pick them up and dam almost broke my back

Users who are viewing this thread