5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eco Light/Fuel Saver Enable

cbadge

Reaction score
2019 3.6l V6 Big Horn etourque

Under display settings on my Uconnect screen there is no option to enable or disable this feature. I have clicked through my choices and scrolled down but no where does it allow me to click this option. Followed youtube/posters instructions but option is not there.

I would like to see the eco light up since it's on the dashboard. 6,200mi and it has not happened. Would like to figure out how to turn it on.

Any ideas?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two camps of thought: one is that the ECO light is when MDS is on and the other is that there are other factors invovled.

The only time I've noticed the light is when my MDS is active. If that's the case you might not have that option because you don't have MDS.

If you do have it, though, it will be in Settings / Display / Fuel Saver Display in Cluster. You will have to scroll down to see that option and it comes unchecked from the factory. Check that box and the ECO light will work.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
If it isn't there (at the bottom), you probably don't have it.
d865ac1f0c24c942d8113d72e226dc52.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Two camps of thought: one is that the ECO light is when MDS is on and the other is that there are other factors invovled.

The only time I've noticed the light is when my MDS is active. If that's the case you might not have that option because you don't have MDS.

If you do have it, though, it will be in Settings / Display / Fuel Saver Display in Cluster. You will have to scroll down to see that option and it comes unchecked from the factory. Check that box and the ECO light will work.
It is most definitely exclusive to MDS. I can confirm this since I have put in an aftermarket exhaust. The only time Eco comes on is when MDS kicks in (which changes the exhaust note).
Now, I believe that in the 4gens it was different from what I've read, but on the 5th gens, it's one and the same.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Under display settings on my Uconnect screen there is no option to enable or disable this feature. I have clicked through my choices and scrolled down but no where does it allow me to click this option. Followed youtube/posters instructions but option is not there.

I would like to see the eco light up since it's on the dashboard. 6,200mi and it has not happened. Would like to figure out how to turn it on.

Any ideas?
the V6 does not have MDS therefore will not show the ECO lamp in the cluster.
V6_non_MDS.jpg

cbadge

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Where I am still confused is I do have the eco light on my dash (just white'd out as it never lights up) but no option to enable in my uconnect drop down.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Where I am still confused is I do have the eco light on my dash (just white'd out as it never lights up) but no option to enable in my uconnect drop down.

This is because they only make a certain amount of instrument panels models than they load the software into it for the different models. ie Limited will have it say Limited whereas my Rebel say Rebel

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Any ideas?
Does V6 have MDS? If not, you may not see a ECO light

cbadge

Reaction score
This is because they only make a certain amount of instrument panels models than they load the software into it for the different models. ie Limited will have it say Limited whereas my Rebel say Rebel

Okay so everyone's Ram has Eco symbol on their cluster but unless you have MDS it won't light up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online