5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eco Diesel on restriction

jscoc

Reaction score
I was looking to order a new Ram 1500 with the Eco diesel. My dealer told me they weren't taking 2021 orders anymore and that 2022 you couldn't select the diesel option. Just seeing if anyone has had a similar experience.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the EcoDiesel Restriction just came off when I placed my order back on the 30th of September.
Truck was at the Dealer's lot on Nov 24th. I got Everything I ordered and no Chip Shortage Problems.
I would have liked a couple of smaller items that were on the Limited, but no big deal otherwise.

I ordered a loaded up Laramie to almost a Limited spec. There were a few things I did not like on the
Limited. There was also the way Tags are assessed here in NH is by the Base Price of the Vehicle, not
the MSRP. So I saved a couple of hundred each year on the Tags.

Things I did not order were the Pano Sunroof, RAMboxes, MFT, or the new Technology Group with
Heads Up Display.

I am adding a 72 Gallon AUX Fuel Tank in the Bed to increase my Range.

Malodave

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't reach too much into the Diesel being greyed out. I heard a lot of features are greyed out from ordering and will start showing up once 2022 orders get into full swing.

Maybe someone here has a similar experience? Diesel was order able until last week when 2021 order banks closed.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer today and they confirmed truck is built, build sheet available. I asked about 2022 orders and they said they can’t order anything right now, awaiting MY 22 release as nearly all options are greyed out on their order app.

2012 4th gen SXT crew Hemi awaiting retirement. Ordered 2021 Rebel Billet Silver Metallic EcoDiesel March 10, built May 18 awaiting shipping. Dutchmen 268bhs 33’ trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread