5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eco diesel oil pressure

eprovenzano

Reaction score
I'm new to the diesel world, with a 22 1500 Limited. As I learn more about the truck, the low oil pressure caught me off guard... I was used to the readings of the 5.7 hemi in my 15 Ram Laramie. The low oil pressure had me concerned, so I immediately jumped on this forum (before calling the dealership) to see if there's an explanation...

Well thanks to this forum I've learned
1.) It's normal, nothing to worry about... the value you see on the dash is a calculated number, there's not a true oil pressure sensor.
2.) When I do change the oil. I need to make sure the oil filter housing is tight.
3.) To use the proper oil recommended as well as the proper oil filter.

Just wanted to say thanks to this forum for calming my fears...

Warlock1

Reaction score
The gauge only shows a "normal" line that the indicator will usually point to. You can however go into the system and pull up true numbers. I believe its called a gauge summary or something like that. It will tell you actual values of what is happening. Don't be shocked when you start it at 40 degrees outside and you see your oil PSI at 90 PSI on acceleration though...lol

Users who are viewing this thread