5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early feedback on Laramie SO

eaglemike

Reaction score
Mine has been trouble free. Purchased from Mark Dodge and trucked to Ca.
Just under 2K miles, mostly mixed around town, with 1 run to Scottsdale and back. Response to throttle is better than any of the 5.7's I owned. I like it a lot better than the any e-torque 5.7 I had. MPG is about 2 better. The best mpg 5.7 I ever had was a 2009 Laramie, and the worst was the last Limited e-torque I had. This one does feel like it's just a hair off at very light throttle setting off from a stop. It still responds, but feel like the mapping is just the tiniest bit off there. I've ridden many EFI motorcycles that have weird throttle response just off idle, and this is like a miniature version of that. The SO has fantastic response when there is a need to accelerate. The torque starts early, is always there, and there is a bunch. This thing is much stronger overall than the 5.7. I'm really happy with it. (knock on wood, no check engine light yet)
Hope you all have a similar experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back