5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E/torque

Tabeno

Reaction score
New guy - can anybody say that the e/torque option is better in any way?? Had a 14 with the 5.7 got about 22-24 mpg ( at the very best) highway. 19 I can’t even get 20mpg Highway and it seems to lower city driving- almost like it bogging it down? Comments???

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New guy - can anybody say that the e/torque option is better in any way?? Had a 14 with the 5.7 got about 22-24 mpg ( at the very best) highway. 19 I can’t even get 20mpg Highway and it seems to lower city driving- almost like it bogging it down? Comments???
Lots (and I mean LOTS) of previous discussion on this in a number of threads. You'll feel some regenerative braking when letting off the gas, but in no way does eTorque "bog down" your acceleration. If anything, shifts are smoother with the system (this is one of the many things it does). No complaints here, but I'm also not going to claim that it's gaining me fuel economy on my heavily-optioned truck. Fuelly shows a slight uptick in fuel economy, on average, with eTorque (also previously documented on this forum).

_StangPGH

Reaction score
There's a YouTube video with a RAM engineer who explains the six functions e-torque provides. I really like the seemless start / stop. Best I've ever experienced. Other than that I forget what all it does.

Personally I'm getting 15mpg combined and 18—19 pure highway at 75mph avg speed. You're not going to have to worry about gas prices for quite a while so it's moot to me anyway.

I can tell you a Pedal Commander will make your driving experience world's better. There's a good thread on it. I run Sport minus 1 and it's pure joy. Eco is also really nice in snow or ice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread